• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

Italy stand out performance so far if England had held on I'd have put us up there but we showed our frailty at the end.

I said it in this thread before and I'll say it again - I thought we were better than France. But they got a Payet wonder goal, we conceded when we really didn't deserve to. That's football though innit. Over both games, I thought we were more impressive.

Germany could have easily gone the same way as us, their defence wasn't all that and they were given a LOT of room to do their silky passing. Plenty of 'good' performances thus far, but no real standout. If I had to pick the best so far, I'd probably go with Italy. Croatia and Hungary also impressed me.

Italy, Germany, Croatia, England, Spain and France have looked the best to me so far.

If things pan out with Spain sneaking top in group D there is a real possibility of Italy v Croatia as the standout second round match

Yes finishing 2nd in Italy's group would probably be preferable given the next round draw.

Portugal / Hungary / Iceland (whoever comes top) or Luka Modric and co. Bit of a no contest if you had the choice.

Especially as the winner of the Italy v Croatia match is likely to bump into the Germans in the quarters.

Who'll England play if they come 2nd or 3rd?

2nd place in Portugal's group if we finish 2nd. Probably Spain or Germany if we come 3rd.

Can live with coming 2nd third would probably just prolong the agony for s few more days.

We're going to win the last two games, it'll be reet.

Not going to happen. I think Wales are in for a right duffing on Thursday, they weren't very good at all against Slovakia. Two of the spawniest goals you'll see all tournament and let off the hook numerous times at the other end.

Got the result which is all that matters but I don't agree with a lot of the media saying it was a great display.
Wales will raise there game tho, but reality is if England play well they should have enough to win regardless of the Bale factor.

Got the result which is all that matters but I don't agree with a lot of the media saying it was a great display.
Wales will raise there game tho, but reality is if England play well they should have enough to win regardless of the Bale factor.

They will, but so should we. Its an important match in the finals of a major tournament -- if they're not up for it, they shouldn't be near the squad.

It'll be a tough game but I think we'll be okay. Hope we win the group and the Welsh get 2nd place.

Not saying we won't just a case of who handles the pressure best reality is we might as well go for it lose or draw this game and will still have to win the last one to get through.

I spent tonight with some Austrian friends who are here right now, watching the game against Hungary. Seriously is there any need for teams this bad to be in France at all, paint drying wasn't even close.

The only problem I have is playing 36 games to eliminate 8 teams.

I'm very late coming into the England discussion, but can anyone tell me why our star striker is taking all the free kicks and all the corners, get the fucker in the box, where he is paid to be!

I'm very late coming into the England discussion, but can anyone tell me why our star striker is taking all the free kicks and all the corners, get the $#@!er in the box, where he is paid to be!

Has Roy explained this yet? Surely a journalist has asked him what the fuck is he thinking?

If we beat Wales and Russia beat Slovakia it means Wales go into their game against Russia having to win to guarantee going through. A point would probably do them in that situation to finish 3rd and go through but they'd have a very tough next round game.

Bit of a must not lose game for them against us in reality. They'll sit back and try to contain us and hope to nick a goal on the break. But we should have the quality to break their defence down, we just need to start putting our finishing boots on.

Back