• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

He really isn't very good at free kicks any more. Poor efforts.

Not a huge concern with Ronaldo standing over free kicks, his hit rate is pretty rubbish these days.

Edit: Nando beat me to it.

His freekicks seem to have gone downhill massively lately, he'd have at least tested the keeper with one of those two a couple years ago.

And the petulant child stomps off without shaking hands with any Iceland players...

Well there's another side that won't be winning the tournament. Can see why Bayern have signed Renato though, will be a player.

Fantastic result. Portugal are going to have to raise their game to beat Hungary.

Delighted for Iceland. They worked their bollocks off for that

Portugal are nowhere near their 2004/2006 level at the moment, caught between two generations and they're haven't been especially impressive to watch for quite a long time now.

Fortunate they didn't get Spain's group because they'd possibly be going home if they had.

Hadn't realised quite how shit Pepe was for the goal as well. He was the far post man when the cross was struck and ran past Vierinha, leaving him right in the shit.

Well, we have seen everyone now. Who has impressed?

For me, Italy and Germany have looked the best. England were good for sixty minutes, as were France. Spain were not that great.

Fantastic result. Portugal are going to have to raise their game to beat Hungary.

Delighted for Iceland. They worked their bollocks off for that

I think Portugal play Austria next, and the loser goes home.

Well, we have seen everyone now. Who has impressed?

For me, Italy and Germany have looked the best. England were good for sixty minutes, as were France. Spain were not that great.

Italy the standouts for me, Hungary relative to the squad they've got were very good too (but barring a Denmark/Greece miracle aren't going to win it). Germany looked rocky at the back, I very much liked the way we played - that cross drifts harmlessly out of play like it does 9 times out of 10 and I reckon our media would have been going into overdrive over the performance - I wasn't that keen on France, Payet got them out of jail and I thought Romania were value for the point. Croatia were very impressive. Spain still haven't answered the key questions of whether they're going to score enough goals and whether their style has had its day, clearly they still have a lot of very good footballers.

Back