• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

Got my first free £3 with SkyBet after Germany's win. Any tips?

I wasted both my free bets. :(

Had the £3 one from Skybet which got wasted on Slovakia and then PaddyPower did a similar offer with top goalscorer bets, free bet for every game they score in, thanks Giroud, but useless Albania couldn't finish for shit.

I've gone for a group winners accumulator. France, Germany, England, Italy, Spain and Portugal. £90 if it comes through.

Looks like Wales are going to pump a load of painkillers into Hennessey's back to ensure he can play v England.

Surely a fully fit Ward is better than a 80% fit Hennessey with injections in his back.

Just had an email at work informing me of a generous offer from the big boss.

Apparently they're going to stick the England v Wales game on the big screen in the conference room on Thursday so anyone who wants to watch it can pop down and do so, workload and line manager allowing, all they ask is that you work through your usual lunch hour and then make up the other 45 minutes of time elsewhere in the week.

Yeah, generous shit there John, think I'll just sit at my desk and watch it on this 26" monitor you foolishly allowed me.

He didn't have to allow it TBF. Our work have done something similar - they're showing it in some of the lecture theatres here which I think would be kind of cool! Fair play IMO.

But I booked the day off several weeks ago. Pub trip with my friends for me.

Seems to me that's a decent gesture. Want to watch the match then book the afternoon off. If not be grateful your work are trying to offer an alternative.

Being in a school we couldn't really shit the timetable around to allow for it. Lessons finish at 3pm so they're showing the second half in the hall for all the staff.

Got an email on Friday from my line manager saying she'd booked a meeting in with me and the head for Thursday, 3pm.... :facepalm:

Time to engage my uber-tactful brain to compose a reply.

My mate works in a school and he's been told he can show the game to his class!

There's a public footpath right next to the office, come for an afternoon walk round Heage and you can watch the game through my window.

Was informed this morning that our boss is allowing any football fans to leave at 1pm on Thursday to watch the match and anyone who stays and decides to work can have a half day whenever they choose to take it at some point over the remainder of the year. Very nice gesture to be fair. Working for a smaller, independent company can have its perks sometimes!

Officially we can't watch it at work. Whether my boss will say anything if I'm watching it either on my phone or on my monitor is a different matter.

They are showing it at Belle's school and she can stay behind to watch it if she wants. She loves telling me how she doesn't like football so I'm sure she'll be delighted.

Was informed this morning that our boss is allowing any football fans to leave at 1pm on Thursday to watch the match and anyone who stays and decides to work can have a half day whenever they choose to take it at some point over the remainder of the year. Very nice gesture to be fair. Working for a smaller, independent company can have its perks sometimes!

Your post inspired me to ask my boss the same and I now have Thursday afternoon off!

Thanks!! :) :)

I booked Thu/Fri off as soon as the fixtures were announced!

Fortunately I don't need time off now, but fortunate that its the early kick off as will be out between 5pm & 9pm

Your post inspired me to ask my boss the same and I now have Thursday afternoon off!

Thanks!! :) :)

Where are you watching the game? You owe me a beer... :icon_lol:

Pleased you have it off, mate.

I'm working lates from Wednesday and no chance of getting the time off work...Little telly allowed in the corner of the room though

Back