• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

Turkish keeper should have done better with Modric volley- good goal but should have got it. Polands winner was also close to the keeper who may be disappointed. Thats 4 or 5 goals that the keepers will look at so far and say " could do better

Can't blame the keeper for the polish goal at all. Saw it late and struck well. He got tips to it but your never gonna keep that out.

Walked in the room just as the German National Anthem was on & thought that some of the crowd were giveng a Nazi salute - then realised they had phones and were only taking selfies ;)

Pierce. Oh joy. Such deep joy.

Appalling commentator when dealing with Sergeant Bash and Sir Killalot. Dealing with real sport he is excrement.

Fucking no. He has to move over to be ready to cover a threaded pass to the two Poles waiting against one NORN defender on the other side of the box. No keeper blame there at all for me.

$#@!ing no. He has to move over to be ready to cover a threaded pass to the two Poles waiting against one NORN defender on the other side of the box. No keeper blame there at all for me.

looks worse from behind. He appears late down and a bit unbalanced. Perhaps harsh. However there have already been a number of poor gk efforts this tournament. The standard hasnt been great by the GKs. Balls too light?

For me, you are being harsh on that particular incident. Doesn't take away from the fact there have been a succession of goalkeeping howlers to start Euro 2016 though.

Germans in front, good ball in and excellent header.

But good goal, lovely from Ozil, good finish.

He takes one pace to many towards the centre of the goal. The shot is not strong and is at least 6ft inside the post. He wont be happy to have let that in http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36454294

You talk some Toilet mate.

It's a clean hit from less than 18 yards. He is moving across his goal as he's not exactly gonna carry on standing on his near post when the player is moving across goal. As he's going the other way, sees it late and it's hit well enough it's impossible to get down.

Germans very shaky defensively, lucky to still be in front.

Ukraine causing all sorts of problems in the wide areas.

Thoroughly enjoyable first half.

Ukraine very unlucky to be behind here. If they had a striker as good as Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko i think they would be level at least here.

Back