• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Well the defeat has been coming, but when I went to bed at HT 14-9 up, I didn't think it would be to Zach Wilson. Then when you watch the highlights you realise it wasn't, the only TD was deliberately given up. Hurts and the offense beat themselves. There's a touch of the Josh Allen's about him this year, the highlight reel throws and runs are there, but so are the keeping the ball too long sacks and the killer interceptions

For the sake of argument, let's say you're 90 years old. You were born in 1933, the last year [Detroit] was the Portsmouth Spartans. Starting in 1934, you've seen only nine seasons in which the Lions won 10 or more games. You've seen eight first-place finishes and four NFL championships. And if you're 65 years or younger, those numbers drop to three and zero, respectively.

The Lions haven't won their division since 1993, when it was the NFC Central and included the Buccaneers. They haven't won a playoff game since 1991, when Erik Kramer, Barry Sanders, Herman Moore and the gang walloped the Cowboys in the divisional round only to get smoked by Washington in the NFC Championship Game.

Not once since then has a Lions team looked the way this one does through six weeks. If you're a Lions fan, you have earned the right to be inappropriately excited about this team. No matter how long you've been a Lions fan, and even if you're 90.
🦁

Well the defeat has been coming, but when I went to bed at HT 14-9 up, I didn't think it would be to Zach Wilson. Then when you watch the highlights you realise it wasn't, the only TD was deliberately given up. Hurts and the offense beat themselves. There's a touch of the Josh Allen's about him this year, the highlight reel throws and runs are there, but so are the keeping the ball too long sacks and the killer interceptions
If it makes you feel any better, that Jets' D is the real casserole. The way they repeatedly collapsed the pocket from the interior was remarkable and it's very, very difficult to beat anyone when they generate pressure like that.

If it makes you feel any better, that Jets' D is the real casserole. The way they repeatedly collapsed the pocket from the interior was remarkable and it's very, very difficult to beat anyone when they generate pressure like that.
Yes and no, with Johnson the o line is a totally different animal, Driscoll was a turnstile, but the Jets were also without their 2 lockdown cornerbacks against one of the best WR duos in the league. He needed to get the ball out quickly, instead he got happy feet.

Ye, he shoulders some blame for sure.

I'd bet on him to bounce back. He seems like he's built for this. That offensive line needs to gel quick-like, though.

Lions at Ravens has to have been one of the most one sided first halves I've ever seen.

Was odd, I was trying to watch that as the featured sky game and gave up and put on Redzone prior to the half.

Said this before, but sometimes the NFL feels like people trafficking. Terrell Edmunds who played every snap on defense last night traded to the Titans as part of a deal to get Kevin Byard. He has no choice in the matter unless he doesn't want to get paid

Tyreek Hill needs to be banned for being OP.

Apart from the Wentz game every match against Washington is a slog often ending in defeat despite the on paper disparity in quality

Tyreek Hill needs to be banned for being OP.
Or the several assaults he's allegedly carried out.

Always amuses me ((probably not the right word) that players get longer bans for betting on sports in the facility than they do for being actively horrible people.

Most recent case in point is Charles Omenihu, released by the 49ers whilst they were in the playoffs last year having been arrested for domestic abuse. Back after a six game ban and now tearing it up for the Chiefs.

Last edited:
Well, unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed.

Just coming off my self imposed ban to say that AJ Brown is the first WR to go 6 games straight with 125 yards or more. He's a top 3 receiver with Hill and Jefferson

Hill is in a tier all by himself, but Brown is definitely in that next group.

The blue Seattle are wearing this evening is really throwing me off, every time I see them on-screen it's like watching the Colts.

Back