• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Seth_ArmstrongED.jpg

Similar...

This chap

DavidMain_1667824a.jpg

Tony Gardner (actor type person) was also sat a few rows in front of us. All on his own, he spent his time in the bar looking around, hoping someone would recognise him I think.

tony_gardner.jpg

Off to see Neil Young, The National and Midlake amongst others in Hyde Park tomorrow. Looking forward to the bands but I hate Hyde Park for gigs. Possibly the worst venue I've ever been to.

Off to see Neil Young, The National and Midlake amongst others in Hyde Park tomorrow. Looking forward to the bands but I hate Hyde Park for gigs. Possibly the worst venue I've ever been to.

I love Midlake. Top band. Saw them in probably my favourite ever venue - The Park stage at Glastonbury. And I was standing about 4 feet away from Matt Smith (the Doctor Who dude, not the pause-loving twat face from ITV).

I love Midlake. Top band. Saw them in probably my favourite ever venue - The Park stage at Glastonbury. And I was standing about 4 feet away from Matt Smith (the Doctor Who dude, not the pause-loving twat face from ITV).

Yes, they are great. Saw them a while back at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. A proper venue, not one where the rich neighbours insist on barely audible volume and a 10.30pm curfew.

The thought of ever going to T in the Park makes me feel a little sick.

Not a fan of our pal's in Scotland then, SSB? Having chosen to be with one (God help me) I have to put up with these things. Biffy are decent though. Saw a gig of their's in a Leisure Centre in Swindon once - that was one of the more random gig venues I've attended.

The insistence on chanting "here we fucking go" whenever there is a quiet moment would get on my tits.

talking of unusual venues, Penguin Cafe in Lichfield Cathedral yesterday was pretty awesome. Superb night, & they genuinely appeared to be enjoying themselves.

Another quality show by The National in Hyde Park. And Neil Young was pretty good as well, apart from too much tedious guitar noodling.

Why the fuck they decided to put Midlake on in a 400-capacity "theatre" is anyone's guess. 400 people able to see them out of the 65,000 who attended! Same with Caitlin Rose and Phosphorescent who I also quite fancied seeing. Had to make do with the white Roachford, Tom Odell.

This morning I listened to Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek and the Dominoes. I thought I had listened to it loads of times but it turned out I haven't - what an absolutely incredible record that is - loads of classic Blues tracks, a couple of famous Clapton numbers topped off by Layla itself. Great stuff. I'm disappointed in myself that it's taken me 33 years to listen to the thing!!

Another quality show by The National in Hyde Park. And Neil Young was pretty good as well, apart from too much tedious guitar noodling.

Why the $#@! they decided to put Midlake on in a 400-capacity "theatre" is anyone's guess. 400 people able to see them out of the 65,000 who attended! Same with Caitlin Rose and Phosphorescent who I also quite fancied seeing. Had to make do with the white Roachford, Tom Odell.

unlucky that. i've seen phosphorscent supporting the national and they were pretty good. i've seen midlake too - bit old mannish, but hey, i'm getting on a bit

He's improving with age then ?

You can't improve on what is already excellence ! Is there not one song of his that you like Paul ?

Love the old, hate the new.

I would probably like a few of his tracks if he didn't sing them

I would probably like a few of his tracks if he didn't sing them

Oh don't be such a misery Kenneth. You'll be serenading us with' I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now ' in a minute .

Back