• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Going to see The Libertines at Barrowlands in Glasgow on Sunday night. Cannot fookin wait.

Apparently 4/5 of people polled wanted to sell on their Glastonbury tickets when Metallica were announced.

Snobs.

BBC showed a little Metallica clip earlier to whet the appetite. Shame their caption said the song was Enter THE Sandman. Fucking clueless.

Apparently 4/5 of people polled wanted to sell on their Glastonbury tickets when Metallica were announced.

Snobs.

What's wrong with these people? A once in a lifetime chance for most of them to see one of the biggest bands on the planet. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to watch Metallica, even if they're not into heavy rock.

What's wrong with these people? A once in a lifetime chance for most of them to see one of the biggest bands on the planet. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to watch Metallica, even if they're not into heavy rock.

I wouldn't go to see Metallica if they were playing in our village hall....and I like heavy rock!

I love the Metallica t-shirts that were available and had all the negative quotes on the back of them.

So some no-mark from Mogwai thinks Metallica are "quite shite" - come back when you have sold 160 million records.

I love the Metallica t-shirts that were available and had all the negative quotes on the back of them.

So some no-mark from Mogwai thinks Metallica are "quite $#@!e" - come back when you have sold 160 million records.

i was really surprised at all the negative comments about metallica playing tbh. i mean there's all sorts of bands from all genres that play the festival so can't understand why a metal giant wouldn't go down well and glad they did. i've not caught any of the festival myself yet.

So some no-mark from Mogwai thinks Metallica are "quite shite" - come back when you have sold 160 million records.
It's extremely rich as well. Mogwai are truly garbage.

It's extremely rich as well. Mogwai are truly garbage.

lol, i expect LJ will have a word to say on that. most "post-rock" bands are an acquired taste and mogwai are hugely popular in their own right.

It shouldn't matter whether you like Metallica or not. A band as huge as them with a 30 plus year career behind them shouldn't have to have their headline slot questioned by anyone. Surely they deserve it far more than a distinctly average band like Kasabian. I am delighted that their set went down so well.

10422948_470024623142101_4769531994128658471_n.jpg

10269348_470024683142095_5425766214510045716_n.jpg

10462462_470024716475425_3074107253994092721_n.jpg

10387553_470024746475422_3266114730287480809_n.jpg

Best gig I've ever been to. Incredible.

As SSB returns from one festival I am starting to get my packing ready for the next. Off to Sonisphere on Thursday morning and I can't bloody wait.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/mu...t-record-in-the-world-is-causing-so-much-fuss

a single valued at £10,000. the owner didn't know what he had. ..and a Wolves fan gets a mention in there as well.

shame i like the wrong genres of music. i doubt my Pop will eat itself singles would go for anything much more than £1, even the one i have in a brown paper bag, and i'd have to give The Shrubs away. I have a hardly used 12" of Motown Junk that might be worth a bit and most of the early Smiths stuff which has some value. Even that was a missed opportunity - i bought the first cut of the 12" of What difference does it make with Terence Stamp on the cover. He objected and was immediately replaced with Morrissey, only to relent so was put back on. The ones with the Morrissey cover on are worth a lot more than the Terence Stamp as they are rarer. but as a teenager with no money to spare i was hardly likely to go and buy a second version just for the cover.

i imagine some of you must have something of value hidden away?

I don't suppose my copy of 'Trail of the Lonesome Pine' by Laurel & Hardy is worth anywhere near that ? :)

As an aside I brought a copy of the Judas Priest single 'Take on the World' in 1978, 36 years ago !!!!

Back