• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Mogwai's remastered Come On Die Young has arrived. Deluxe 2cd edition.
The 4LP vinyl version is released next week.
Nice!

I went into Oxfam yesterday and found that someone had just donated their entire Mogwai collection, including 6 CDs I don't have. Or didn't have: I do now.

What did it include?

Rock Action
Come On Die Young
Happy Songs for Happy People
Ep+6
Government Commissions
And an album of remixes by other people - the name escapes me.

There were others that I already have which I considered rescuing but the kids need new shoes.

Rock Action 3rd album. 2 rights make 1 wrong is awesome. Haven't listened in a while, as young team & CODY are far superior
Come On Die Young Quality!
Happy Songs for Happy People I love this album. Think it's great. The first 6 tracks are strong imo. Some people think it is a bit samey. I disagree, really like it.
Ep+6 I don't own this, as I have the original EP (brilliant) & also the +6 on another collection. Very worthwhile though.
Government Commissions Lush live stuff, many peel sessions & the like. I don't listen to this often enough.
And an album of remixes by other people - the name escapes me. Kicking a dead pig I guess (a wretched virile lore only just came out, so suspect it ain't that one.) Plus, KADP is contemporary with the other stuff. I loved it when it first came out. Not listened in a while though.

There were others that I already have which I considered rescuing but the kids need new shoes.

Except CODY (to my shame) I have them all on vinyl. My KADP is a triple album on vinyl. I also have all the EPs on vinyl & cd in most cases.

Just listened to In Through The Out Door - Led Zep.

What an underrated album that is.

Lets hope I see Mr Plant this year outside the ground so I can discuss this with him.....

Just listened to In Through The Out Door - Led Zep.

What an underrated album that is.

Lets hope I see Mr Plant this year outside the ground so I can discuss this with him.....

100% agree, Fool in the Rain is a classic song and one of my favourites :)

My Mogwai cd collection:
Ten Rapid – Collected Recordings 1996-1997
4 Satin EP
Young Team
Mogwai Fear Satan remix EP
Kicking A Dead Pig – Mogwai Songs remixed
No Education = No Future (Fuck The Curfew)EP
5 Track Tour Single EP
The Sick Anchors EP
Come On Die Young
Stanley Kubrick EP
Rock Action
My Father My King EP
Happy Songs For Happy People
Zidane A 21st Century Portrait Soundtrack
Friend Of The Night (single)
Mr Beast (cd + dvd, ltd edition case)
Travel Is Dangerous EP
Government Commissions – BBC Sessions 1996-2003 (2cd)
Young Team 10th Anniversary Edition (Remastered 2xcd box)
The Hawk Is Howling (cd + dvd digipack)
Earth Division EP
A Wrenched Virile Lore
Les Revenaunts
Live America 9 May 2014 (bootleg)
Come On Die Young (deluxe 2xcd in slipcase)
And my Mogwai on vinyl:
4 Satin EP
Young Team 2LP (gatefold)
Kicking A Dead Pig - Mogwai Songs remixed 2LP coloured vinyl includes Mogwai Fear Satan remixes
No Education = No Future (Fuck The Curfew) EP
Stanley Kubrick EP
Rock Action LP
Rock Action (gatefold simply vinyl 180g 2LP)
My Father My King EP
Happy Songs For Happy People LP
Government Commissions 1996-2003 2LP (gatefold)
Zidane - A 21st Century Portrait 10” LP
Friend Of The Night 7”
Mr Beast 2LP
Travel Is Dangerous EP
Young Team 10th Anniversary 4LP boxset
Special Moves boxset (3xLP, cd, dvd, poster & patch plus downloads)
Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will boxset (double vinyl, double cd, home demos 12”, stencil)
Earth Division EP
Rave Tapes boxset

I've only really listened to The Hawk is Howling. What would you recommend by them?

I've only really listened to The Hawk is Howling. What would you recommend by them?
Young Team (remastered)
CODY (also remastered)
EP+6
Happy Songs for Happy People
Rave tapes
Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will

Probably in that order.
I unwrapped the CODY double cd that is new today. Given the amount of time/effort put into the double cd, I cannot wait to check out the vinyl box:atigrou:

:surrender:

With this Mogwai willy waving I cannot compete.
:icon_lol:

that's unhealthy!
:icon_lol:

I heard them on Mary Ann Hobbs one evening whilst barely conscious, playing live. I was battered out my tree, half pissed & not very sensible, but loved what I was hearing. I remember dozing off thinking I'd never remember "mogwai". As if by magic, in town the next day I did remember, went into Mike Lloyds & bought Young Team on week of release. been hooked since.
Remember first listening to young team, & thinking "this is a bit dfferent to what I thought I heard..." :icon_lol:

Very much looking forward to this coming out.

Back