• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I went to see Ben Howard at Hackney Empire last night, fantastic musician and fantastic venue.

Added little bonus that Nick Mulvey was an unannounced support act too.

What was Nick Mulvey like?
He was great in portico quartet. I think they've gone a bit backwards since he left tbh.

He was great in portico quartet. I think they've gone a bit backwards since he left tbh.
He was good, didn't realise who he was until he introduced himself a couple songs in even though I've heard a few of his songs on the radio. Some of his guitar playing was spectacular, to the point that Ben Howard omitted a song from his set to avoid being out plucked, or so he said anyway. His vocals were on point too, don't think there was a single bum note between the two of them all night to be honest.

I'll go and see him if he comes round local certainly.

He's at Brum Institute on 23 October.
Might check him out.
Missed him at the glee club on his last tour.

He was one of my highlights of Glastonbury having never seen or heard anything from him before. Unfortunately can't get to see him on this tour.

The good thing about music and other forms of entertainment is there's always alot of something for everyone. :)

I came up with that all by myself btw!

6 music live at maida vale line up includes Underworld & James. 2 of my favourite live bands. wicked!
:finger snapping smiley:

I went to see Ben Howard at Hackney Empire last night, fantastic musician and fantastic venue.

Added little bonus that Nick Mulvey was an unannounced support act too.
Ben Howard is playing wolves civic I believe.

Ben Howard is playing wolves civic I believe.

He is, Novemeber/December i think, tickets already purchased.

Hadn't been to a gig in a while but went to see Ben Howard last week and have got Ed Sheeran, Twin Atlantic, Ben Howard again and Royal Blood all lined up before the end of the year now.

Where are you seeing Royal Blood Mark? I couldn't find tickets anywhere.

Somewhere in Birmingham, Institute i think, had a pre-sale code to get the tickets before they went on general sale.

They're playing the institute on 3 november Johnny. Tour just announced I think?

Manchester tickets gone too and Oxford is too far. Will see if I can get some off from some special offer somewhere.

Got Sam Smiths album In the Lonely Hour in the car, cracking stuff!

Really enjoying The Kooks new album.

Got tickets for Catfish & The Bottlemen in Oxford and Kasabian in Bournemouth for later in the year. Probably going to get Kooks tickets for Brum in November, but Royal Blood in Oxford sold out while I was on holiday unfortunately.

Back