• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I'm going to Manchester I think - he sounds great live.

Damien Rice has got a new album coming out at the end of October. He's the absolute master of his craft.

I saw Damien Rice at the Brixton Academy in 2004 (I think). Possibly the dullest gig I've ever seen. Might be that the venue was too big for him, but he did nothing for me at all. Fair to say though, the many many ladies in the audience were captivated by his Irish charm though.

I saw Damien Rice at the Brixton Academy in 2004 (I think). Possibly the dullest gig I've ever seen. Might be that the venue was too big for him, but he did nothing for me at all. Fair to say though, the many many ladies in the audience were captivated by his Irish charm though.

Good grief!! I saw him at the Civic in 2007 (annoyingly just after he split with Lisa Hannigan) and it was absolutely brilliant.

Good grief!! I saw him at the Civic in 2007 (annoyingly just after he split with Lisa Hannigan) and it was absolutely brilliant.

Isn't he sort of a one hit wonder,with a hit I can't remember what is called?

The only Damian Rice song i can think of is something to do with coconuts, some homeless guy sang it on X Factor a few years back and my girlfriend got a bit obsessed with it, the tramps version sounded better than the original in my opinion, then i think he did a no show in the later stages of the competition.

You lot are heathens!

Yeah, closer to your home.

Damien Rice is ok in very small doses, much like Jack Johnson all his songs sound exactly the same.

At least Jack Johnson is generally more upbeat, still not someone i'd go and see live though.

The fact you only know him by one song that a tramp covered on xfactor gives your argument all the credence I need to happily ignore it.

It's the only song of his i can think of, doesn't mean it's the only one i've heard, but the fact that i can only remember any of his songs by a cover from a homeless nobody speaks volumes of how much of on impression his work has had on me.

The fact you only know him by one song that a tramp covered on xfactor gives your argument all the credence I need to happily ignore it.

So has he completely reinvented himself? I didn't get any TV on the Radio or Grizzly Bear when I saw him, or from "O". Seemed to be somewhere in the middle of James Blunt and Elliott Smith.

That new track is very different to his first two albums, but he's been in hiding for the past 7 years so I guess that was always going to be the case.
He's about a million times the song writer that James Blunt is.

Has nobody been downloading the new U2 album, then? It's free! It's on iTunes! It's apparently not totally shit!

That new track is very different to his first two albums, but he's been in hiding for the past 7 years so I guess that was always going to be the case.
He's about a million times the song writer that James Blunt is.

Hiding or just not being noticed? As he blends into the magnolia wall.

Hiding. I think he's done one or two charity songs and some collaboration but he's definitely not released anything since "9" in 2007.

Back