• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

A few gigs coming up. FKA Twigs at Oran Mor, Royal Blood at ABC Glasgow, 4 nights of Biffy Clyro (1 at The Troxy in London the same day as the Forest home game and 3 back to back nights at The Barrowlands in Dec) and Basement Jax at The Barrowlands on Nov 30th. Awesome.

Saw Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Barrowlands a few years back when I was living in Oban. Good venue.

Saw Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Barrowlands a few years back when I was living in Oban. Good venue.

I love it. I went to see The Libertines there about a month ago and it was epic.

Listened to Bluesbreaking by John Mayall's Bluesbreakers this morning. CLASSIC.

I'm torn between filling out my back catalogues of various bands and acts and finding some new things to listen to. What to do, what to do....

So, Damien Rice is only doing one UK date. Nov 7th in London. Annoying as it's going to take a whole lot of effort and cash to get to go.
I blame all you heathens for not buying his albums and not giving him a reason to do more tour dates!

I'm sure there'll be plenty of tickets available.

I like Damien Rice but I'm not sure why you'd want to go see him live. Sat down in a comfy chair with a whiskey, yes. In London Palladium with 2K+ other people, not a chance.

I like Damien Rice but I'm not sure why you'd want to go see him live. Sat down in a comfy chair with a whiskey, yes. In London Palladium with 2K+ other people, not a chance.

Saw him at the Civic and V festival. Both times he was superb. This is his first tour in 7 years and he's one of the greatest song writers and performers of our generation. That's why :D

I'm sure there'll be plenty of tickets available.

It's more the traveling to and from London on a Friday night whilst having to arrange a grandparent (both live miles and miles away) to pick Bea up and baby sit her for the night that's the issue, but thanks for your reassurance!

Well, the pre-sale for Damien Rice sold out before I got a chance to look. They were £62-£75 a ticket - so not a chance I was buying at that price.

Have to wait and see how much the cheap seats are.

What a rip off! I think I paid about that much for tickets to Ben Howard, Twin Atlantic and Royal Blood combined.

I know! It's at the London Palladium so you have the Stalls, Royal Circle and Upper tier - I'm guessing that the pre-sale seats were the best in the house.

The whole process of buying gig tickets is a sham at the moment. Really hate it. I had to pay a £4.50 admin charge on each ticket for a gig up in Manchester where the only option was to "Print at Home". £4.50 for bloody pdf!!

Hackney Empire had a similar layout, where i saw Ben Howard, though probably not as grand as the Palladium given it's location. They didn't have that sort of tiered pricing though, just standing or seating options that were both priced the same, i plumped for standing to avoid being stuck up in the heavens.

Just realised the Manics have been commemorating the 20th anniversary of The Holy Bible recently. Can't believe it's been 20 years since it came out, makes me feel very old! It is their finest album by an absolute mile.

Well, Damien Rice general sale came and went within 30 minutes. £45 was the cheapest in the third tier.
Annoying.

Back