• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Jesus that's sad news. I thought it was cancer that had forced him out, as the band were saying nothing. End of an era I guess

The Sex Pistols suck.

#ionlylookatthepictures

The sex pistols are great.
Do love a bit of punk. Anti nowhere league are pretty cool too.
& of course, a bit of the ramones never did anyone any harm.

I don't really like punk. Just don't get it. In fact I'm not a huge 70s fan I don't think, apart from Floyd, obvs.

I don't really like punk. Just don't get it. In fact I'm not a huge 70s fan I don't think, apart from Floyd, obvs.

Now just Whoa there sonny ! I will admit the late 70's wasn't as good, but the early to mid 70's.......

I'm not a fan of The Sex Pistols either, they just annoy me. There aren't that many punk bands I enjoy listening to, although I have a best of by The Damned that I really like.

I'm a HUGE fan of Aerosmith's 70's back catalogue though.

Now just Whoa there sonny ! I will admit the late 70's wasn't as good, but the early to mid 70's.......

It's just never really been on my radar. I'm a 90s kid!

To be honest, as with many styles, there's a lot of guff in punk. Punk is more a style, an attitude than a genre.
Do you really not like stuff like The Clash? There's loads of great 70's stuff, punk & ska related that you're missing out on!

I remember you asking for requests of new listening stuff. There's some real class stuff out there that while old, is still awesome.

To be honest, as with many styles, there's a lot of guff in punk. Punk is more a style, an attitude than a genre.
Do you really not like stuff like The Clash? There's loads of great 70's stuff, punk & ska related that you're missing out on!

I remember you asking for requests of new listening stuff. There's some real class stuff out there that while old, is still awesome.

Agree with you.

Machin - listen to The Bad Shepherds - punk performed in a folky way. Then listen to the originals!! Nothing quite like Adrian Edmondson singing Anarchy in the UK accompanied by a cow bell.

Back