• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I know! It's at the London Palladium so you have the Stalls, Royal Circle and Upper tier - I'm guessing that the pre-sale seats were the best in the house.

The whole process of buying gig tickets is a sham at the moment. Really hate it. I had to pay a £4.50 admin charge on each ticket for a gig up in Manchester where the only option was to "Print at Home". £4.50 for bloody pdf!!
I feel your pain.
I keep all my old gig tickets in photo albums.
If you're gonna charge me a fee, you're gonna have to give me something for it.
I always want an actual ticket, whether it is music, theatre, comedy. Hell, I miss getting wolves tickets!

Something needs to be done. The whole ticket business is being run on the black market.

Im watching the "big hits: TOTP 1964 - 1975" on bbc 4 and its pretty good.

Anything from Status Quo to early Bee Gees

Who is George Ezra? Is he the new Ed Sheeran? I still haven't finished hating the old one.

Yes he's the new annoying kid on the block. Jake Bugg was the last one for me. Ed Sheeran I can cope with fine.

A good voice should account for about 20% - it's not a karaoke competition.

In today's 'popular' culture a good voice is a luxury.

It does my fucking head in. Voice like a pig being tortured - no matter we can use pro tools. Can't play an instrument. No worries we have computers and session musicians. Can't write? I wouldn't let you anywhere near writing stuff as I want total editorial control. But look quite cute and you can dance a bit and I shall make you (briefly) a pop star.

And that is so wrong with music.

To be fair, I think a lot of the new breed of mainstream British solo males (George Ezra, Sam Smith, John Newman, Jake Bugg, Ed Sheeran etc) are talented musicians and are writing their own material..... But..... They are massively overplayed and overrated and their songs are very one dimensional, apathetic, faux-emotional, bland, drab and uninteresting.
With that in mind, a good voice just doesn't carry enough weight.

I'm really not into my music enough to worry about all of that, if I like the song then that's enough for me!

I tend not to listen to mainstream radio anyway, apart from R2 on my way to work a couple of days a week.

I'm really not into my music enough to worry about all of that, if I like the song then that's enough for me!

I tend not to listen to mainstream radio anyway, apart from R2 on my way to work a couple of days a week.

I'm the same, if it sounds good then i'm all for it, who cares about the production or all that jazz, people get far too prissy about music at times.

If the production is shit then it won't sound good. Very useful rule with very few exceptions.

Who's mentioned production?? I was giving the reasons why I don't think they're good songs. If anything, the production values are inordinately high.

To be fair, I think a lot of the new breed of mainstream British solo males (George Ezra, Sam Smith, John Newman, Jake Bugg, Ed Sheeran etc) are talented musicians and are writing their own material..... But..... They are massively overplayed and overrated and their songs are very one dimensional, apathetic, faux-emotional, bland, drab and uninteresting.
With that in mind, a good voice just doesn't carry enough weight.

Give Luke Jackson a listen. A very talented young man.

Back