• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

To be honest, as with many styles, there's a lot of guff in punk. Punk is more a style, an attitude than a genre.
Do you really not like stuff like The Clash? There's loads of great 70's stuff, punk & ska related that you're missing out on!

I remember you asking for requests of new listening stuff. There's some real class stuff out there that while old, is still awesome.

Punk/new wave was great,maybe it's a case of 'you had to be there'...dunno.Not that there was any 'there' here! ;)
I'll shut up now.

Agree with you.

Machin - listen to The Bad Shepherds - punk performed in a folky way. Then listen to the originals!! Nothing quite like Adrian Edmondson singing Anarchy in the UK accompanied by a cow bell.

Sounds horrific, sorry!

AC/DC, Muse and Fleetwood Mac rumoured for Glastonbury. Urgh.

Disappointing headliners at Glastonbury shocker!

There's always moans when the Glastonbury lineup is revealed.

Yeah, Dazed & Confused came on the shuffle on the way home. There are obvious exceptions, but 90s rock/metal is my bag.

Deep Purple, Bowie, Aerosmith, Cream, Black Sabbath, Queen, The Eagles, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, The Police....

That just scratches the surface!

Do you like The Black Crowes? They're 90s rock. "Remedy" is an absolute tune.

I love The Black Crowes. I have to be careful when listening to them while walking to work as it's impossible not to get the air guitar out!

AC/DC.
Be warned, do not post a bad word about them.
GODS!

Black Crowes - southern harmony musical companion. Mmmmmm.

Deep Purple, Bowie, Aerosmith, Cream, Black Sabbath, Queen, The Eagles, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, The Police....

That just scratches the surface!

A lot of those bands just don't do that much for me.

Damien Rice is on Jools tonight. So, unfortunately, is Ali Fucking Campbell.

A lot of those bands just don't do that much for me.

what.gif

:shrug:
I'd rather listen to RATM, Incubus, Metallica, Corrosion of Conformity, Down, Pantera, White Zombie etc.

Searches for the 'Ignore Machine' button :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEE6-X_apHA

i love 'punk' personally though it's hard to say whether some stuff really is punk or not so you could say it was open to interpretation. i think the idea was that anyone could play without needing to be capable of playing a seven minute guitar solo, which in many instances was worse than torture. regardless, the age of punk spewed out some great music, classic albums and experimentation which has impacted every other genre since. i mean pink flag - wire. what a great great album.

Back