• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

No, just can't stand stand his voice.

You can't improve on what is already excellence ! Is there not one song of his that you like Paul ?

To be fair I thought Johnny Marr was very good as a guitarist, their music just wasn't my thing at that age, I couldn't, and still cant fathom what the adulation was all about (to be fair in my mid teens it was an automatic reaction to dislike anything that was popular at the time ). In hindsight I'd still rather listen to Fine Young Cannibals given the choice.

I couldn't, and still cant fathom what the adulation was all about .

The fact that Morrissey gets more blinking shagable the older he gets does it for me . Got sod all to do with if he's got a lovely singing voice !

He does have talent, or did. Just nowhere near as much as Marr. Remember he did write all the vocal melodies as well as some fantastic lyrics.

Morrissey was definitely lucky to find someone like Marr who could write all those songs and put up with him though.

I see Half Man Half Biscuit are playing Wolverhampton in October. Too far for me to travel so can someone go on my behalf?

I'm really getting into The Black Keys. I've never really given them a listen, but I thought they were superb at Glastonbury. They've got a nice desert rock sound going on, bit of a dumbed down QOTSA.

Mogwai's remastered Come On Die Young has arrived. Deluxe 2cd edition.
The 4LP vinyl version is released next week.
Nice!

Mogwai's remastered Come On Die Young has arrived. Deluxe 2cd edition.
The 4LP vinyl version is released next week.
Nice!

Forty years ago today a young drummer named Neil Peart joined up with Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee, and the mighty Rush were born, and they are still going strong.

Back