• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Ooh, are Mudhoney coming back again? Time for gig #456.

And I've just bought tickets for Mogwai playing their soundtrack to the Zidane film, (with film playing as well presumably) at the Barbican in July. Arty.

Just seen that Mudhoney will be supported by the Meat Puppets. Spectacular.

Massive massive envy on that one from me sat here...:argh:

I need to get my teeth(ears) in to something new. Struggling to find anything that makes my dick hard.

Of the new crop that are being played on national radio, there's nothing I really like. Best of the bunch are The 1975, but their second song is so much like their first one (Chocolate) it's left me very disappointed and I will probably not bother pursuing them any further. Jake Bugg, Frank Turner, Tom Odel and The Lumineers do nothing for me and I'm already sick of that Daft Punk song. I need something with longevity.

I don't really have as much time to seek out some new tunes, so I am appealing to you guys to do that for me :D
How do you guys go about finding new stuff? Is it worth signing up to Spotify?? I'm very apprehensive as if I decide to cancel my subscription then I can no long listen to what I've been paying for. I think I'd still rather pay for albums as I like to listen to them for years.

I'm, generally, an indie/alternative/acoustic fan but have a penchant for melodic, rhythmic funky rock and even used to delve into metal when it was good (c.1997/8). I'm a sucker for vocal harmony. I am usually put off by extremely good voices as good songwriting takes precedent for me. So with that in mind, what's new that's worth listening to?

Have you heard Of Monsters and Men? Love their album.

Have you listened to any Bastille?

Pompeii got really popular on the radio but I've really enjoyed listening to their album.

Have you heard Of Monsters and Men? Love their album.

Yeah, I bought that album for the missus. It's on the current cycle in the car. Good album.

Have you listened to any Bastille?

Pompeii got really popular on the radio but I've really enjoyed listening to their album.

That song really did my head in. It was like a compendium of loads of other similar songs crowbarred together! Catchy though, but not really up my street. Is it representative of the album?

I am way out of touch with new music these days. I tend to stick to what I know.

The most recent albums I've bought were the latest Ben Kweller album and the latest Far album. I will also get the new Jimmy Eat World album in a few weeks. None of those artists are remotely new though!

I did really like the single by Of Monsters & Men though, maybe I should give them a chance.

There's a song on the Of Monsters and Men album called The Lakehouse - absolutely beautiful track.

Back