• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

No worries. I made an error in my post - it should have read funktastic. It has a very late 70s/early 80s disco vibe to it, hence such collaborations with Nile Rodgers from Chic on a couple of the tracks,

Streaming it now.

You're not wrong. Fucking ace stuff.

Check out 'Peace' on Jools Holland this evening. Top band.

Do I need to download itunes to check out the daft punk stream?
If so, I'll probably wait til the cd arrives...
Or might just pop round langers!:)

970222_10151585166809764_962182363_n.jpg

Stage times have also been announced.

What kind of a name is Cancer Bats?

Like the look of the Saturday main bill. Not a huge fan of the Sunday bands bar the headliners. Rammstein are fucking ace though.

Sabbath played another new song on CSI the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVWH9v6w-mE#!

Also, here's the track listing from their new album, 13:

13 Tracklist

1. End Of The Beginning (8:07)
2. God Is Dead? (8:54)
3. Loner (5:06)
4. Zeitgeist (4:28)
5. Age Of Reason (7:02)
6. Live Forever (4:49)
7. Damaged Soul (7:43)
8. Dear Father (7:06)

They are also doing a European tour:

Black Sabbath European tour 2013

Nov 20: Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
Nov 22: Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
Nov 24: Telenor Arena, Oslo, Norway
Nov 26: Forum, Denmark, Copenhagen
Nov 28: Ziggo Dome, Holland, Amsterdam
Nov 30: Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Germany
Dec 2: Bercy, Paris, France
Dec 5: Fiera Arena, Milan, Italy
Dec 7: 02 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic
Dec 10: 02 Arena, London, UK
Dec 12: Odyssey Arena, Belfast, Ireland
Dec 14: Arena, Sheffield, UK
Dec 16: Hydro, Glasgow, UK
Dec 18: Arena, Manchester, UK
Dec 20: LG Arena, Birmingham, UK
Dec 22: LG Arena, Birmingham, UK

My brother played me this last night. Hadn't heard of him before tbh. His new solo album Pale Green Ghosts is good (well what I've heard so far) which he made with Biggi Veira of Gus Gus. Particularly enjoying this track at the moment though.

Eurovision has hit a new low of lunacy. Malta are singing about a guy working in I.t and risk assessments :facepalm:

2 John Grant songs posted in a matter of days. Good stuff.

I'd be careful with any black sabbath tours because of Ozzy's rehab for being an alcoholic

You know, I've only recently listened to Luka by Suzanne Vega in the last few days. I'd heard it on Absolute Radio before and liked it but not listened to it at home properly. Fabulous song, great voice, and the lyrics are very moving too (about child abuse). Why on Earth had I not heard this song before? I was 8 when it was recorded FFS!

You know, I've only recently listened to Luka by Suzanne Vega in the last few days. I'd heard it on Absolute Radio before and liked it but not listened to it at home properly. Fabulous song, great voice, and the lyrics are very moving too (about child abuse). Why on Earth had I not heard this song before? I was 8 when it was recorded FFS!

That's actually quite a miss. It was never off the radio for about three years after it was released. I love Suzanne Vega. Marlene On The Wall is one of my all time fave songs.

Check out the Lemonheads version of Luka too.

Back