• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Wolverhampton band The Lines have announced today that they are calling it a day :(

I liked them ever since my old band played with them in about 2004. Saw quite a few of their gigs in the early days and always hoped they'd get somewhere. Shame.

I've eventually found out what that song is that I was on about a couple of months ago: Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men.

httpWe may be in a minority but you're not on your own, matey

You'll get a lot of pleasure from the thread as you'll read someone extolling the virtues of 'whojamaflips latest single, hour in the shower' and you'll just stare blankly at the screen !

Cheers Paul its nice to know there are some kindred spirits on here with the same taste in music. Went to see steve Hackett at Liverpool and the symphony hall in brum recently and both nights were sold out so theres plenty of us proggies and rockers around.

Nice one frank xanadu and red barchetta my favourites though

Rush are my favourite group, and it is difficult to say which is my favourite, though Xanadu is certainly up there. Kid Gloves, Manhattan Project and Hold your fire are also amongst my favourites. Power windows was my favourite album, along with 2112

Like the john hopkins track.
Liked the 3rd track too, til it went a bi the cure...
The bunnymen supported James on their last tour, & I just don't get them. Watched them & found them very ordinary. However most people I know say the same about James, so hey ho...

Queens of the Stone Ages new album is quality.

Queens of the Stone Ages new album is quality.

It's outstanding. Anything that Homme touches is musical gold. Phenomenal musician.

The title track is absolutely superb.

Daft Punk album is starting to grow on me. Still feel it is a bit "meh" though.

This weekend the Public Service Broadcasting album arrived. As did Magik Sunrise by Psychemagik. Disappointed the Steinski cd I ordered ain't here yet though...

$#@! Buttons appear to have a newie coming out:
http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/$#@!Buttons-SlowFocus-ATPRecordings-90961.html

Machin, you were asking about new music - their tarot sport is an awesome album. Very recommended!
I keep meaning to ask nimrod how street horrrsing compares. Nimrod? You about?

i've only got tarot sport i'm afraid, though the first was also acclaimed from what i recall. I'm not even sure I've heard it though could be mistaken. too much stuff to listen to.

glad you like the john hopkins track. i also thought it the best track of that stuff i last posted

these new puritans have an album out which i was interested in, but the nme are running a poll on whether it's good or shit so not sure I'll bother.

saw these last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msnLo4Qv2EY

As soon as the lead singer appeared all I wanted to do was punch him in the face.

Mind you, it worked for Oasis....

As soon as the lead singer appeared all I wanted to do was punch him in the face.

Mind you, it worked for Oasis....

lol. don't you find that with a lot of bands. i felt pretty old at the gig, mainly because i am.

Billy Bragg's new one is quite good:

Back