• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Two new CDs today

AC/DC Live at River Plate

plus

a re-release of Maiden England 1988 (the gig on the Seventh Son Tour at the NEC). I was at the front for that gig, and it was awesome.

Im fookin shuffling.... Im currently listening to Raspberry Beret - Prince

Ben Folds has a live album coming out.
Pre-ordered the Sigur Ros newie yesterday.

5561_10151635053969764_1314157270_n.jpg

Btw, is anyone going to Download this year?

I think I am a bit long in the tooth for festivals these days. Rammstein are fucking class though so well worth seeing them. Maiden never do a bad show so that would be amazing.

I preferred it as a one day festival. I don't do camping.

My last one was in 2007. These days I find Download too expensive for what it is, I can't take my son until he is five and they still have camping stoves, etc, banned meaning I have to spend £2+ for a cup of tea...

My last one was in 2007. These days I find Download too expensive for what it is, I can't take my son until he is five and they still have camping stoves, etc, banned meaning I have to spend £2+ for a cup of tea...

Agree with everything here.
Only been to Donington once - 1994. First year they had 2 stages. Aerosmith headlined.

A big issue I always have with download is the line up usually descends to the lowest common denomenator. There's usually only a couple of bands I really want to see.

One of the guys that works at our place is going to Download for his Stag weekend. That is going to get very messy.

Agree with everything here.
Only been to Donington once - 1994. First year they had 2 stages. Aerosmith headlined.

A big issue I always have with download is the line up usually descends to the lowest common denomenator. There's usually only a couple of bands I really want to see.

I went to 1992, 1994 and 1995 as I remember.

When they had two stages I was watching Biohazard on the second stage when they invited the crowd to join them and the plug got pulled which was rather amusing.

1992 as one stage was a great line-up
The Almighty opened, then it was WASP, Slayer, Thunder, Skid Row and Maiden

Mind you it was only one stage in 1995 and the line-up was fucking great

Metallica
Therapy?
Skid Row
Slayer
Slash's Snake Pit
White Zombie
Machine Head
Warrior Soul
Corrosion of Conformity

One of the wettest Download's for years judging by some of the pictures I've seen so far.

/laugh

It is a nightmare venue if it pisses down. It was only heavens opened in 1992 for Slayer and during Skid Row's set but it made the front like the fucking Somme.

The weather is horrible here in Nottingham so I imagine download isn't much better

Back