• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Best year at donnington was 1984. Motley crue before they got big, accept, y and t, gary moore when he was rocking, Ozzy, van halen, and ACDC headlining what a gig. Went to download two years ago went for all three days best were ACDC. slash and aerosmith but it peed down on the sunday for most of the day and I am now in my late fifties so I reckon festivals are out for me from now on unless pete Gabriel gets back with genesis and then I would spend any amount of money and go anywhere in the world to see that.

Nine Inch Nails announce Hesitation Marks, new album for september.
Cool!

The new Beady Eye album, I liked the last one, it wasn't great but I liked it, a nice rock and roll uncomplicated blast. Not sure on this one, Liam's voice doesn't really fit the songs at the moment, i cant help but feel that its been a bit over produced for my liking....

Johnny Marr is touring in October & playing the wulfrun.
MGMT are also playing the civic.
Also saw thunder are touring again. How many times have they split up/done a farewell tour now?

Enjoy
images

A bit late to the Donnington discussion - I went to in '86, '87 and '88. All were immensely good days out, but the Maiden one in '88 stands out. That's the one where two lads died during the G'n'R set. Only heard rumours on the day, and got home to find my mum and dad out of their minds with worry as they'd seen it on the news but no names were released. Ah, life before mobile phones.

Queens of the Stone Age tickets on pre-sale tomorrow for November tour. I'll be getting a couple for the Birmingham gig.

Queens of the Stone Age tickets on pre-sale tomorrow for November tour. I'll be getting a couple for the Birmingham gig.

Fuck. Not going to have a chance to get any tomorrow.

I see the Goo Goo dolls have announced a show at the institute in brum.

Oooooh, and nimrod may be interested in Fuck Buttons being there on 8 sept too. I'll be going to that one!

Buying tickets is a fucking jip these days. If it's anyone half big/decent then they sell out within hours. And I bet not many are actually sold to the end user.

I've just found out that Thin Lizzy are releasing new material under the name of Black Star Riders. Anyone know if it is any good?

Getting iit Saturday jolemai heard a coupkr of tracks on planet rock sounds good. By the way you can now listen to planet rock on FM radio its on 105,2

Back