• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Agree Nando - the Wednesday and Thursday of Glastonbury are just as good as the days with music. It's a tremendous place with so much to discover.

A random wander across the site on any day often means you discover something new.

Agree Nando - the Wednesday and Thursday of Glastonbury are just as good as the days with music. It's a tremendous place with so much to discover.

A random wander across the site on any day often means you discover something new.

:D just imagined you wandering across the site to discover something new singing lucy in the sky with diamonds and entering a magical world...

Surely the point of a festival is to offer variety? It would be fucking boring if everything was indie/rock music. Nobody forces you to sit through the acts you don't like. That's why there's numerous stages.

That's why nothing in this country gets anywhere near Glastonbury. I don't think much of the line-up this year but there's so much more to do there that it doesn't really bother me.

I suppose it depends if you want that variety?

There are only 5 or so acts on that line up I'd have any interest in seeing. There's a few I'd watch for the sake of saying I'd seen them but mostly I'd be trying to avoid a lot of stuff. Thus I'm not even considering going.

I haven't been to a festival for ages though, haven't seen a line up that I fancied since I went to rock am ring something like 4 years ago. Most seem to fit the pattern of that Reading/Leeds line up, less than 10 good acts across 3 days, whereas back in Germany I had consecutive hours of good bands.

Why did you have to bring Glastonbury up? Failed again to get tickets :(

That record shop on Darlington street is F*cking brilliant. I walked in after 1 album and ended up leaving with 15. I recommend to anyone going to buy vinyls to go there. The people are very kind and very helpful.

Jeff Hanneman of Slayer has passed away at 49.

That record shop on Darlington street is F*cking brilliant. I walked in after 1 album and ended up leaving with 15. I recommend to anyone going to buy vinyls to go there. The people are very kind and very helpful.

Oldies Unlimited?

Is Oldies Unlimited still going? Reminds me of my youth. Didn't spend as much time in there as I did in Mike Lloyd's though. I loved that shop. Mind you it's a KFC now and I love KFC too!

Seems like Head has rejoined Korn. Could be interesting...

Im polar opposite...find it pretty crap in there and the fella that runs it is an oddball (not unlike most record shop owners i spose)
Im sure hes a very nice chap and all but hes very strange

"Hello Sir, can i help you sir"
"er no thanks.....im just browsing"
"ahh going through the punk and new wave section are you sir...may i recommend....." (gets something as far removed from punk as possible)
"Nah not really into that mate"
"Hmm ok sir have a nice time.... just browsing"

I actually thought he was an actor at one point and i was about to appear on Beadles About and the shop would fall apart.

Is Oldies Unlimited still going? Reminds me of my youth. Didn't spend as much time in there as I did in Mike Lloyd's though. I loved that shop. Mind you it's a KFC now and I love KFC too!

Yep, Lloyd's was good.

Im polar opposite...find it pretty crap in there and the fella that runs it is an oddball (not unlike most record shop owners i spose)
Im sure hes a very nice chap and all but hes very strange

"Hello Sir, can i help you sir"
"er no thanks.....im just browsing"
"ahh going through the punk and new wave section are you sir...may i recommend....." (gets something as far removed from punk as possible)
"Nah not really into that mate"
"Hmm ok sir have a nice time.... just browsing"

I actually thought he was an actor at one point and i was about to appear on Beadles About and the shop would fall apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbkkDypaSUg

I see Basement Jaxx are touring later this year.

Also see the 1975 have announced a date at the Institute in brum (great venue imo).

I'm contemplating going to see public service broadcasting there ext week if I have time/money/energy...

Mudhoney are also playing the institute in June. For those who keep posting tosh like alice in chains, go see a real band...:icon_wink:

Mudhoney are also playing the institute in June. For those who keep posting tosh like alice in chains, go see a real band...:icon_wink:

Ooh, are Mudhoney coming back again? Time for gig #456.

And I've just bought tickets for Mogwai playing their soundtrack to the Zidane film, (with film playing as well presumably) at the Barbican in July. Arty.

Just seen that Mudhoney will be supported by the Meat Puppets. Spectacular.

Well this could be interesting:

tech-fest-new-poster.gif

Back