• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Later went downhill (imo) about 3 years ago, & hasn't quite recovered.

Suede & the national announcing tours I see.

Dunno how I've missed this, but apparently Daft Punk will be releasing a newie (randomaccessmemories) on 21 May?
Only heard a couple of little snippets, but sounds disco-tastic! Nile Rogers & Giorgio Moroder are involved by all accounts.

posted on this thread is close to mainstream (for over here at least).

SSB posts a lot of up and coming bands/stuff.
nimrod a lot of cult/underground bands, guitar based, combined with some personal classics etc.
James posts carpenters.
paddy puts up the occasional bit of metal filth (that isn't a derogetory term btw)

Quite an interesting spread of low end music really.

Could be that I'm just not paying attention to the pages with bands I recognize. I imagine it's the cultural divide showing though. I need to revisit all the electronica suggestions from awhile ago.

Anyone going to be trying to grab something from Record Store day?
http://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-products/2013/

Some interesting releases there. Fair bit that would interest people on here (langers, there's an I am Kloot album, paddy, there are 3(!) Slayer LP's!)
3 bands have exclusive releases I'd be interested in grabbing if I get chance. I'd love a copy of the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack too.

I heard about this not so long ago - Kloot have remastered their first (and IMO best) album for this.

Well worth picking it up - it's a superb record.

for the 1st time ever a wwe theme tune has broke into the itunes top 50 and is actually number 13 at the moment. I like wrestling but this is freaking stupid.

BHgyDnMCMAAP1aO.png:large

The Cowboy Bebop soundtrack rocks my socks.

Went to see Ludovico Einaudi last night.
Absolutely superb!

New album is clearly more experimental (though as I learn more about him, there's clear experimentation with each album). Really loved it. Came away feeling a need to purchase 3-4 more cd's.

Here's a clip of him previewing his new album:

Went to see I Am Kloot at the Institute last night.

Absolutely tremendous stuff - the difference hearing John Bramwell's voice live compared to on record is quite something - you really get to appreciate the power and emotion when you see him live.

I'd actually say the best tracks they did were the ones with him on his own with his guitar rather than as a full band.

Anyway, a brilliant gig that really cheered me up after Saturday!!

Like that a lot. A little bit Broken Bells meets Gomez.

good call that. i didn't get UMO's first album (yet) cos what I'd heard sounded like the Shins, James Mercer's (Broken Bells) main band. a mate of mine reckons it's better than II so i may have to purchase anyhow.

i've only got Gomez' first album so not a big fan. i love the Bells album though - i like Trap Doors most of all. i must have posted it on here at some point. do you cover them?

I'm the only one in the band who like Broken Bells and their not popular enough to cover really. Having said that, I'm on "paternity leave" from the band at the mo, so am out of the loop with regards to covers and gigs etc.

Did Broken Bells release a second album?

Back