• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Think there are only 3 acts i'd be that bothered about watching and even then there's one i've seen recently (Mumford&Sons), one i'm going to see do their own gig in June (Ben Howard, really looking forward to that) and one i might go to see on Friday night (Jake Bugg) if i can be arsed to hang around in York that long.

The only ones I'd definitely see are the Stones and Nas. Arctic Monkeys were good in 07 but wouldn't rush to see them again. Don't get the Mumford hype at all.

Shame the Bowie rumour turned out to be bollocks.

I'd be in no rush to see a bunch of eldery blokes prance around the stage but then i'm not a fan of the Stones' music anyway.

I'm no big Mumford fan to be honest, i'd only seen them before because i took my girlfriend but they really impressed me live, very good performers.

The only ones I'd definitely see are the Stones and Nas. Arctic Monkeys were good in 07 but wouldn't rush to see them again. Don't get the Mumford hype at all.

Shame the Bowie rumour turned out to be bollocks.

Still some to be announced but I can't see it.

They aren't a headline act though. Poor.

They've got a profile as big as anyone at the moment though, you want to draw a crowd then they're not a bad name to stick on a poster, not that Glastonbury really needs to rely on sticking big names on advertisments to sell tickets.

I feel like 90% of this thread is weird indie/alt rock. Are these bands big/popular over there? Is this thread a sampling of what Brits actually listen to?

Muse tour date just announced for Washington DC. Pretty excited. They were utterly fantastic last time around.

posted on this thread is close to mainstream (for over here at least).

SSB posts a lot of up and coming bands/stuff.
nimrod a lot of cult/underground bands, guitar based, combined with some personal classics etc.
James posts carpenters.
paddy puts up the occasional bit of metal filth (that isn't a derogetory term btw)

Quite an interesting spread of low end music really.

Later Live With Jools Holland starts a new series tonight on BBC2 10PM.

Back