• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

My favourite band/song at the minute. Sound really good.

Featured on this years FIFA as well.

Finally some great music news for you brits:

THE Bonnie Tyler will represent GB in this year's Eurovision Song Contest!!

;)

scorechart.jpg

Just been listening to it in the car on way home, it's brilliant.

Only got up to track 10, but everyone is excellent.

Dirty Boys is the stand out so far, had a listen via I tunes last week but didn't give it any attention.

What a return.

Listened to Mogwai's newie (Les revenaunts) which is a load of soundtrack music they did for a french tv series which I got yesterday. Nice. Not as immediately brilliant as Hardcore Will Never Die... felt, & I'd like to listen to it more to get a good picture of it.

Also got Josh Ritters newie (The Beast In Its Tracks) yesterday, which I haven't had chance to open yet, but I am really looking forward to that one too.

Cold nights in may have certain benefits...

Recently been blasting out Psychemagik's Magik Cyrkles.

Dirty Boys is the stand out so far, had a listen via I tunes last week but didn't give it any attention.

What a return.

Think Valentines day is my favourite and still love where are we now, such a beautiful song.

Eivind Rølles (54) just died,he was part of a successful Norwegian duo back in the 80s called The Monroes.Looks a bit dated and embarrassing today but I thought I'd post two of their biggest hits anyway.Sleep well Eivind.

Sunday People,clearly inspired by one of my favourite bands back then,Madness:

Cheerio Eivind:

New offering from Cold War Kids

I know a great number of you would look at any selection I put on here and immediately run a mile. A lot of ways, I wouldn't blame you.

Lately though, I have really gone back to the early years of AC/DC as mentioned earlier in this thread. I still listen to some of it at least once a day. If you like proper rock and roll, do yourselves a favour and buy some AC/DC with Bon Scott on the vocals, and I really don't believe you will be sorry.

The albums in question, for the unitiated:

'74 Jailbreak
High Voltage
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
Highway to Hell
If You Want Blood, You Got it

All utterly, completely, tremendously magnificent.

Unitiated?

I like ACDC and I really want to be unitiated but I don't know what it means! ;)

If you want Blood was the first live album I ever went batshit crazy over, & remains in my top 5 live albums (along with Underworld - everything, evrything, Iron Maiden - live after death, Daft Punk - Alive 2007 & Spiritualized - Royal Albert Hall).

The intro to Riff Raff still gets me going!

More from the CWK boys

I know a great number of you would look at any selection I put on here and immediately run a mile. A lot of ways, I wouldn't blame you.

Lately though, I have really gone back to the early years of AC/DC as mentioned earlier in this thread. I still listen to some of it at least once a day. If you like proper rock and roll, do yourselves a favour and buy some AC/DC with Bon Scott on the vocals, and I really don't believe you will be sorry.

The albums in question, for the unitiated:

'74 Jailbreak
High Voltage
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
Highway to Hell
If You Want Blood, You Got it

All utterly, completely, tremendously magnificent.

If you want Blood was the first live album I ever went batshit crazy over, & remains in my top 5 live albums (along with Underworld - everything, evrything, Iron Maiden - live after death, Daft Punk - Alive 2007 & Spiritualized - Royal Albert Hall).

The intro to Riff Raff still gets me going!
Which reminds me. Apparently maiden are releasing a cd of maiden england this month...

Back