• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Good lord, the new Bowie track is fucking awful.

Not quite sure how I haven't smashed my Radio in to little bits in an attempt to shut the droaning git up

Just heard it. It's ok. Not terrible.

Good lord, the new Bowie track is fucking awful.

Not quite sure how I haven't smashed my Radio in to little bits in an attempt to shut the droaning git up

You're dead to me.

Which one?

Sincerely you're dead though.

Dead men can't talk :)

Was it the slower one or faster one?

Where Are We Now isn't really a
Mainstream song, more a fans song for those who remember his Berlin trilogy

where are we now was the one with the wierd video wasn't it? That was just "meh"
The one they are playing on the radio at the moment is whatever the 2nd track is.............it really is bad. Thankfully Absolute Radio have a no repeat policy, so it only gets heard once in the day but it has still moved into 1st place in my "Things on the Radio that make me want to kill" list, finally moving the PPI adverts into 2nd

Which track? Is it called The Stars?

I think its a great song.

Well that was always going to be the case wasn't it.

I don't normally post to have a pop t music because at the end of the day, it is just a personal opinion some like it, some don't but this track found a special place in my hate bank.

Right, now its time to give Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da by Madness its first airing......

Sigur Ros live. Just, WOW!

Phenomenal show. Very different to the first time I saw them. Very heavy. Fair bit of new/previously unheard music. Absolutely stunning visuals & light show - very imaginative & creative. First 4-5 songs played behind a translucent curtain, using the lights to throw big shadows on to the curtain. The whole set was absolutely superb, & I have to say they are probably in my top 5 live bands ever.

Nimrod, you are in for a major treat at Jodrell Bank. I now have massive envy that I didn't get a ticket for that...

I think this is the set list:
immagine-206.jpg

Where do you get your nails done, LJ?

Sigur Ros live. Just, WOW!

Phenomenal show. Very different to the first time I saw them. Very heavy. Fair bit of new/previously unheard music. Absolutely stunning visuals & light show - very imaginative & creative. First 4-5 songs played behind a translucent curtain, using the lights to throw big shadows on to the curtain. The whole set was absolutely superb, & I have to say they are probably in my top 5 live bands ever.

Nimrod, you are in for a major treat at Jodrell Bank. I now have massive envy that I didn't get a ticket for that...

I think this is the set list:
immagine-206.jpg

Last night, after I had put the dinner in the oven, I sat down, put the Man U / Real match on mute and switched on the radio to listen to the commentary for our match. I then picked up my ipad and started casually reading through the commentary thread.

And it was a good fucking job I did! Because it was only when I read your post there that I remembered that the gig was last night! If you hadn't posted that you were off to the gig, 2 Sigur Ros tickets would still be stashed, unused, in my drawer today.

So, thanks for that. Because, if you hadn't mentioned it, not only would I have missed a gig and wasted £30, I would also have missed one of the best gigs I have seen in some time. Completely agree with your review. Didn't expect them to be so heavy. Just wish I'd had the time to get suitably intoxicated beforehand!

Last night, after I had put the dinner in the oven, I sat down, put the Man U / Real match on mute and switched on the radio to listen to the commentary for our match. I then picked up my ipad and started casually reading through the commentary thread.

And it was a good fucking job I did! Because it was only when I read your post there that I remembered that the gig was last night! If you hadn't posted that you were off to the gig, 2 Sigur Ros tickets would still be stashed, unused, in my drawer today.

So, thanks for that. Because, if you hadn't mentioned it, not only would I have missed a gig and wasted £30, I would also have missed one of the best gigs I have seen in some time. Completely agree with your review. Didn't expect them to be so heavy. Just wish I'd had the time to get suitably intoxicated beforehand!

:icon_lol:
Once again, the jelly & lupine are at another gig together!!!!

Back