• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

i don't think so though they intended to. it was more of a side project of mercer and danger mouse. danger mouse had done the album dark night of the soul with mark linkous (sparklehorse RIP) and mercer had guest vocalled on a couple of those tracks. great album that too.

I've never listened to Broken Bells but I love The Shins - should I be checking them out?

New Daft Punk - great for this sunny weather today.

Pretty decent that.

This is one of my favourite summer tunes:

watch

Cee-Lo Green - Cry Baby (Moto Blanco Remix)
Ke$ha - We R Who We R

Such a feelgood tune. That chorus is epic.

New Daft Punk - great for this sunny weather today.

I posted this on 9 April:
Dunno how I've missed this, but apparently Daft Punk will be releasing a newie (randomaccessmemories) on 21 May?
Only heard a couple of little snippets, but sounds disco-tastic! Nile Rogers & Giorgio Moroder are involved by all accounts.
I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it bodes well for the summer!

I've actually seen far worse at that festival. Some decent bands amongst the shit there.

For a start they have NIN on the wrong day! They might as well swap them for Cradle of Filth it's that out of place.

I also pity those that watch the Deftones there but the law of averages states that they should put on a good performance at a festival at least once...

Is it me or has the V Festival turned into T4 on the Beach and the Reading Festival is turning into the V Festival?

Reading on the Sunday always used to be full of old rockers getting pissed to Slayer. What happened?

Reading used to be a "guitar band" festival. I won't say "rock" festival, because they've always had room for bands from slightly different genres. But for every decent band on there (Foals, Brand New etc) there is a shite brrrrrrah brrrrrrrr brrrrr brrrrrrr brrrrap 'act', like Skrillex or ASAP Rocky.

If I didn't have to spend most of the day avoiding the shite, it would be worth going. As fate happens, one of my best mates is getting married that weekend so I can't go anyway!

Aside from NIN, there's nothing there to interest me at all.

James were superb at Birmingham academy last night.
Wondering if they'll be better at manchester arena tonight? I'll be setting off in an hour to find out...

Manchester > Birmingham and its a 'home' gig. So yes, I'd say so!!

Reading used to be a "guitar band" festival. I won't say "rock" festival, because they've always had room for bands from slightly different genres. But for every decent band on there (Foals, Brand New etc) there is a shite brrrrrrah brrrrrrrr brrrrr brrrrrrr brrrrap 'act', like Skrillex or ASAP Rocky.

If I didn't have to spend most of the day avoiding the shite, it would be worth going. As fate happens, one of my best mates is getting married that weekend so I can't go anyway!

Surely the point of a festival is to offer variety? It would be fucking boring if everything was indie/rock music. Nobody forces you to sit through the acts you don't like. That's why there's numerous stages.

That's why nothing in this country gets anywhere near Glastonbury. I don't think much of the line-up this year but there's so much more to do there that it doesn't really bother me.

Back