• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Everytime I switched over to the Brits it was an advert break.

Very toned down with no swearing and none of the attempts at controversy we've seen over the years.

Its a shame that the best performance at the Brits was by a band from Canada.

The whole thing was ruined by a big fat talentless lump linking each award with a spell of the least funny chit chat ever to grace a television set.

I've seen the UK Pink Floyd Experience.

Do you want to see blokes who can really play instruments?

Just superb.

Everytime I switched over to the Brits it was an advert break.

Congratulations. I really can't understand why anybody would want to watch this self congratulatory shite.

Well i found another reason to hate the O2 academy tonight, the unreserved seating idea on the balcony is a complete crock of shit, lots of 2's and 3's sitting with 1 seat gaps between them so theres no space for half the people to sit down and then theres hardly anywhere to stand where you can actually see the stage either. The idea works when its added onto a standing area, like when they do gigs at Wembley the bottom tier is unreserved seating for anyone with a standing ticket, rather than being the sole seating area.

Thankfully it didn't spoil my evening though, my girlfriend was very happy to finally use her christmas present getting to see Good Charlotte, i actually only bought the tickets because i wanted to see Four Year Strong so it was a bit of a backhanded gift in all fairness, and i got an extra treat of finding out that Four Year Strong will be supporting Blink in the summer along with You Me At Six, so now i'm looking forward to that even more.

I know one of the You Me At Six boys. Well, when I say 'know' what I actually mean is a shared 5/6 pints on a night out in Worcester with one of them. They were touring with a band from worcester who's name escapes me at the moment...

I also saw Good Charlotte in Birmingham many moons ago when their breakthrough album had just been released - lifestyles of the rich and famous? - they were alright actually as far as teeny boppy 'rock' (i use the term massively loosly) goes.

Ye i'm not a massive fan of Good Charlotte to be honest but they were decent enough, if i had been a fan i think i would've been impressed, they had a decent raport with the crowd. I only found the tickets because i was searching for any Four Year Strong gigs and when they turned up with Good Charlotte it meant i could play it off as a christmas present to the missus.

I've seen You Me at Six a few times now, maybe 3, and they always seem to put on a good show, they sound spot on live.

Some bands I've been listening to recently who the delightful members of this forum may or may not have heard of are as follows -

They're all worth checking out. I've put their best known track in brackets if you have Spotify and a spare 5 minutes.

Stornoway (Zorbing)
The Coopers (Ripples)
Pete and the Pirates (Mr. Understanding)
General Fiasco (Ever So Shy)
Born Ruffians (Hummingbird)
James Yuill (On your Own)
Neon Trees (Animal)
Shout Out Louds (Fall Hard)

Infact, that's a bloody good playlist right there - If anyone can be arsed to listen to a track or two from the list lemme know your thoughts!

Mr Ben Folds will be entertaining me tomorrow evening in Brum.

Some bands I've been listening to recently who the delightful members of this forum may or may not have heard of are as follows -

They're all worth checking out. I've put their best known track in brackets if you have Spotify and a spare 5 minutes.

Stornoway (Zorbing)
The Coopers (Ripples)
Pete and the Pirates (Mr. Understanding)
General Fiasco (Ever So Shy)
Born Ruffians (Hummingbird)
James Yuill (On your Own)
Neon Trees (Animal)
Shout Out Louds (Fall Hard)

Infact, that's a bloody good playlist right there - If anyone can be arsed to listen to a track or two from the list lemme know your thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXzaUQdvedg

quality

Spending tonight watching Reggae Night on BBC4. Toots and the Maytals Glastonbury 2010 perfomance is on in a min.

Some bands I've been listening to recently who the delightful members of this forum may or may not have heard of. If anyone can be arsed to listen to a track or two from the list lemme know your thoughts!
Jinky. Big fan of Pete & The Pirates (new album due out this Spring I believe) and Shout Out Louds. I'll give the rest a listen when I've got a spare min.

Back