• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Said earlier, first Go Team album is class. Not so sure with Proof of youth. I am intruigued by their newie...

Primal scream I spit on. But the reason for this is I went to see them, & they played the same song twice - same visuals, even stood in the same places! I felt robbed. They were really poor, looked disinterested, & wasn't a great gig. I vowed I'd never see em again.

I would have broken this rule on the screamadelica tour, except for the fact that they're playing the academy, which also makes me spit. Worst. Venue. Ever.

I am seriously thinking about buying the big tin boxset re-release of screamadelica though, even though it is (imo) overpriced.

I've been the Academy a few times now and too despise it. Horrible place.

The Go! Team are responsible for the greatest theme tune of any video game ever:

And I'm pleased to say that I knew who it was before I played the game. It's ace.

Elbow's new album is out in a few weeks - VERY excited about that.

Must admit I've never really listened to The Go! Team, but their new song "Buy Nothing Day" is played all the time on BBC6 and is quite catchy.

The Strokes have released a song from their new album, which although is nothing new in musical teams isn't a bad song. Be interesting to hear the album, one of the best gigs I went to was seeing them at the Civic in 2006.

Must admit I've never really listened to The Go! Team, but their new song "Buy Nothing Day" is played all the time on BBC6 and is quite catchy.

The Strokes have released a song from their new album, which although is nothing new in musical teams isn't a bad song. Be interesting to hear the album, one of the best gigs I went to was seeing them at the Civic in 2006.

You mean you don't know the legendary "Hoddle formation" written by the Go team as a tribute to our 0-0 home performance against Stoke when we managed no shots in the whole game.

Hope you like this from my favourite album of last year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDd7snPKGF0&feature=related

Going to see Primal Scream do Screamadelica in March,

Bands are doing this a lot at the mo. I am hopefully going to catch the Levellers at Leciester in May re-touring the Levelling the Land album. I should have booked earlier though, support for the earlier set of gigs is The Wonder Stuff.

Bands are doing this a lot at the mo. I am hopefully going to catch the Levellers at Leciester in May re-touring the Levelling the Land album. I should have booked earlier though, support for the earlier set of gigs is The Wonder Stuff.

I thing its a grand idea - I know Bowie did it with Ziggy and Low a few years back.

in other news ARCADE FIRE WIN BEST ALBUM AT GRAMMYS!!!!

Absolutely over the moon for them - that is the main prize at a hell of an awards ceremony.

I went to see the fantastic Penguin Cafe Orchestra friday night:
http://www.penguincafe.com/?news_page=1#home
Truly one of the greatest experiences of live music you can experience... Arthur Jeffes is very gentlemanly, and also clearly is committed to honouring the music created by his dad. He also is an excellent composer himself.

They had a support band called the Portico Quartet. I found them to be astounding!

see also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDXOCAnwZfQ&feature=related
I feel a purchase or 2 coming on...Fans of the cinematic orchestra and the like would like them I suspect. Was unaware until researching that they got a mercury nomination.

Saw these randomly at Glasto. I was waiting for Biffy Clyro's 'secret' set and these guys were on first. They were ace. The Park stage was the best stage for them too.

I'll be shakin' my ass to Beyonce at this year's Glastonbury!

I'll be shakin' my ass to Beyonce at this year's Glastonbury!

I would be insanely jealous (of you going to the festival, not seeing Beyonce) if I hadn't got a free VIP ticket to see Arcade Fire at Hyde Park. And I'm seeing Elbow at the NIA next month. Cannot wait.

And you won't beat last year's weather.....

Last edited:
The Park stage was the best stage for them too.
I'm hoping Bright Eyes are playing this year, The Park would be an ideal stage. They're playing HMV Institute, Birmingham in July if anyone is interested.

ps I don't think I'll be going anywhere near the headliners of the Pyramid for all three days if the rumours are true (U2, Coldplay & Beyonce)

Last edited:
I saw Bright Eyes in 2007, but I agree - they'd be perfect for the Park stage.

What a good night for your lot at the Brits NWW. Arcade Fire win two and Mumford & Sons get the most important award of the evening. Shame the editors of the show didn't seem to think giving them the time to say their thank you's was that important considering the shit that had come before.

Ah well. Good on them for winning.

What a good night for your lot at the Brits NWW. Arcade Fire win two and Mumford & Sons get the most important award of the evening. Shame the editors of the show didn't seem to think giving them the time to say their thank you's was that important considering the shit that had come before.

Ah well. Good on them for winning.

On top of Sundays Grammys - brilliant. Hardly an award to be proud of but it shows wider recognition which I'm delighted about - watch them go sell out now!

Indeed. Good performance from both too. Very brave of M & S to do it all 'stripped back' but give me that over your bog standard churned out 'talent' every day.

Indeed. Good performance from both too. Very brave of M & S to do it all 'stripped back' but give me that over your bog standard churned out 'talent' every day.

What did Arcade Fire do? Month of May or Ready To Start?

Chuffed for Arcade Fire (and Mumfords actually) but I never actually knew this was on. I then saw it was hosted by James Corden and Take That won best group. Bullet dodged.

Back