• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I picked up the entire discography of Jamiroquai for £5 earlier. Not bad...

I picked up the entire discography of Jamiroquai for £5 earlier. Not bad...

Someone doing a buy one get one free, or you burgle your mates house?

Jamiroquai always flattered to decieve for me. Really liked the potential on Emergency on planet Earth, & Travelling without Moving seemed to build on that (Space Cowboy, title track aside seemed to not know where he was going).

But his albums were ok, mainly filler to me.

Someone doing a buy one get one free, or you burgle your mates house?

Jamiroquai always flattered to decieve for me. Really liked the potential on Emergency on planet Earth, & Travelling without Moving seemed to build on that (Space Cowboy, title track aside seemed to not know where he was going).

But his albums were ok, mainly filler to me.
Pretty much! A weird little shop in Oxford was clearing out a shed load of albums for £1 as part of a closing down sale - so I got Emergency on Planet Earth, The Return of the Space Cowboy, Travelling Without Moving, Synkronized and A Funk Odyssey.

To be honest I've never been a massive Jamiroquai fan either but I've grown to like them over the last year or two. Travelling Without Moving is an excellent album.

Never really listened to Synkronized or Funk Odyssey tbh. Think I kinda lost interest after Travelling, which is ok, not great imo.

I haven't even heard his latest single.

I am off to see Penguin Cafe this week though. That crept up on me...

Never really listened to Synkronized or Funk Odyssey tbh. Think I kinda lost interest after Travelling, which is ok, not great imo.

I haven't even heard his latest single.

I am off to see Penguin Cafe this week though. That crept up on me...

The latest album is the first ever Jamiroquai album I bought - which is weird. I had various singles but no albums. It's pretty good actually. It goes from dance to jazz to funk to ballads... bit of everything, if you will.

Not heard of Penguin Cafe? Other than Jamiroquai I've been enjoying old school Head Automatica who's first album is well worth a listen and also some Two Door Cinema Club.

Head Automatica?l Worst live band i've ever seen! FACT!

Only song of theirs i ever considered to be worth listening to was Beating Heart Baby and they were so bad live i no longer have any desire to listen to it.

Worst band I have seen?

The Twang were appalling when I saw them in late 2009, Chicks on Speed were a very silly choice to support James Brown followed by the Chillis, John Squire was atrocious as I waited for REM at Old Trafford cricket ground but I'd probably say Oasis at Glastonbury 2004. I was really pissed off as I'm a fan of theirs, but they did NOT want to be there and Liam was at his most wankerish. They were catastrophically bad.

Craig David is the worst "musical" "act" I have ever seen, though I did not pay for this spectacle, I was dragged there.

The Chemical Brothers at Knebworth in 1996 were pretty bad. Admittedly I'm not their target market, but two geeky looking guys playing keyboards doesn't do it for me.

I think i saw the Twang once in the SU in town after a Wolves game, me and a few mates always used to stay out all night after home games but its hard to remember what happened.

That's probably for the best.

Only just got into Band of Horses after hearing 'Dilly' recently on 6Music.

Infinite Arms is a fucking exquisite album - favourite tracks are Laredo and Infinite Arms.

Band of Horses are amazing - have you heard their first two albums? The Funeral is my favourite track of theirs:

Thought I'd post that ace video rather than the much less exciting official video.

Yeah got all three albums at the same time after sampling them on youtube. I rate them thus:

1 - Infinite Arms
2 - Everything All The Time
3 - Cease To Begin

Though to be fair, I have been hammering Infinite Arms for the last fortnight every time I've been in the car and probably haven't given as much time to the other two.

They're all great. NWW got me into them.

My favourite track from Infinite Arms is Blue Beard - beautiful song.

Head Automatica?l Worst live band i've ever seen! FACT!

Only song of theirs i ever considered to be worth listening to was Beating Heart Baby and they were so bad live i no longer have any desire to listen to it.

Yeah I saw them live too and they were gash. It wasn't helped by the appalling acosutics. Try their first album - it's good.

I had a couple of their albums on my old computer, nothing special from what i remember but the ordeal of seeing them live meant i haven't been tempted to download them on my new PC.

Thank god i only wasted about £11 on that ticket.

Yeah! I was never tempted by the second album because of the horrific lead single. I moved on to much bigger and better things at that point in my life. Brand New 'deja entendu' - which is one of my favourite albums of all time. Head Automatica and Brand New were both supporting Incubus many moons ago which is how I got in to them both. The lead singer of Head Automatica was also the front man of Glassjaw - another attraction as I was a fan of them back in the day too.

Ah... memories.

Regarding the chemical brothers, I have to say I love em. Saw them in 1997 i think. Was getting towards the stage of feeling that gigging wasn't giving me anything anymore. Went to see the chems on my own at the civic, & was blown away. It was more like a rock concert than any rock concert I'd been to for a few years.

They have produced some great quality music over the years.

When I've seen their headline shows, I've always enjoyed them.

Back