• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Never really listened to Arcade Fire, but have bought Neon Bible and The Suburbs.

What should I expect?

I think Arcade Fire are one of the best bands in the world right now. I still think Funeral is their best album (their debut). The Suburbs was my favourite album of 2010, I absolutely love it. Neon Bible is very good, but not in the same league as the other 2 IMHO.

What to expect? Some of the most beautiful production you'll hear, some emotive lyrics and extremely moving, haunting melodies. And some bloody catchy tunes as well.

I hope you like them - give them a few listens before passing your final judgement, and listen to the lyrics - especially in The Suburbs - because it's a wonderful piece of work. Almost a concept album in some ways.

I admit to being very biased when it comes to Arcade Fire but the fact is that along with Elbow, Kloot and Doves, they're one of the bands who changed the way I look and appreciate the present-day music scene.

I'd add some of the finest songs I have ever heard and a truly amazing live band. You're in for a treat. Neon Bible is their weakest which is saying something as its still a 9/10 album.

SSB!!!! Dont bore the people with that! Cinematic Orchestra have sooooo much more than that snoozefest! like this....

I watched Flight 666 on BBC4 the other night.

Fucking loved it - proper remenisced back to childhood.

& how awesome would it be to be in one of those huge south american crowds?

Anybody interested in Liam Gallagher's new band Beady Eye, they are playing the Civic on 24th April. Guessing you'll need a mortage to buy the tickets though.

Thats my birthday, i'm sure i can find something better to do than watch that prat.

Anybody interested in Liam Gallagher's new band Beady Eye, they are playing the Civic on 24th April. Guessing you'll need a mortage to buy the tickets though.

That'll be no-one then...

Seriously, shall I go & check out the band of the guy in oasis. Y'know, the shit one what cor sing or write a tune.

Beady Eye = £27.50. The NME are touting a band called Brother to be "the next Oasis" and having had a quick listen they sound awful and also seem a bunch of tossers (they're on at The Slade Rooms for £9 if you want to save some money!)

Nice. Sounds like you need a freebie or two at the moment.

Yeah probably!! Something to look forward to anyway - I was gutted to miss Arcade Fire's latest tour. Hoping for some decent weather and some fine ales pre-gig (my mate who's sorted this out is an ale fan so that's a given).

Yeah probably!! Something to look forward to anyway - I was gutted to miss Arcade Fire's latest tour. Hoping for some decent weather and some fine ales pre-gig (my mate who's sorted this out is an ale fan so that's a given).

If its in Summer you should be ok. I was sunbathing in Hyde Park with my ex 2 summers ago when we saw a big green fence and heard a familiar guitar strumming a familiar "chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, derrrr doo dooo do, derrr doo dooo do" It was only fucking Blur soundchecking with Beetlebum! I was ecstatic. I love Blur and was lucky to see them the following week at our version of Reading, Oxegen festival

I'm off to see Terrorvision (sans Shutty) in Camden in March when they'll be touring their new album. I don't expect to see anyone under 20 there.

Frighteningly, Formaldehyde is rapidly closing in on being twenty years old now. :eek:

I'm off to see Terrorvision (sans Shutty) in Camden in March when they'll be touring their new album. I don't expect to see anyone under 20 there.

Frighteningly, Formaldehyde is rapidly closing in on being twenty years old now. :eek:

Jesus! Cant believe that. Although I prefer How to make friends.....great live band, seen em a few times, Alice Whats the Matter is a stomper

Yes, How To Make Friends... is a far superior album and easily their best album of the lot. It's a shame that the remix of Tequila shifted things for them in terms of what was expected by their record company so they had to shove out less-than-perfect material. That said, even those albums had their quality moments (even if only 'Party over here/fuck you over there').

Just got tickets for the one-off Arcade Fire gig in Hyde Park in June. :band:

Mumford and Sons are playing too. Oh, well, you can't have everything.

You can get presale tickets here if anyone else is interested - http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/arcade-fire-tickets?c=mpbs-ArcadeFire_250111

I've managed to get a freebie for this one. Cannot WAIT. Chuffed that Mumford & Sons and Beirut are playing too, but it's all about the 'Fire for me.

A Thursday is a shite night for that - I'll still go mind...

Back