• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Frank Turner is playing a gig at the Slade Rooms as part of an intimate solo tour. I highly recommend going to watch him if you have a chance.
Tickets went on sale today. Get them while you can, most dates have already sold out.

Two old albums I've been enjoying a lot this week:

If You're Feeling Sinister - Belle & Sebastian. Not as fey as you might think and some truly classic songs on it.

Ecstacy and Wine - My Bloody Valentine. I know Loveless gets all the plaudits but I love their early stuff. Really nice melodies buried under all the shoegazy guitars.

There is something about how the lead singer of Everything Everything sings that annoys me.

There is something about how the lead singer of Everything Everything sings that annoys me.
Yeah, I should imagine they're like Marmite. But I like Marmite...

Have you seen the line up for this year's V Festival? Someone needs to tell the organisers it's 2011 not 2006.

Have you seen the line up for this year's V Festival? Someone needs to tell the organisers it's 2011 not 2006.
http://www.vfestival.com/

What a dreadful line up. In fact, there isn't a single band/artist in the entire line up that jumps out at me... POSSIBLY Kele, but then I've already seen him live and I wouldn't pay for a festival ticket one the basis of there being one act I like the look of. And the headliners are shite.

I look forward to hearing the line up for Reading/Leeds 2011.

Awful.

Some of my facebook "friends" seem to believe V has created the greatest line up of all time.

Last edited:
Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax on the same day? Crikes.

Responded to your first post there!

That is a shit hot day Big 4 plus Slipknot and Motorhead!

I've edited the posts to make it clearer.

So are Weezer and Biffy Clyro if they don't bill it correctly.

Reminds me of Donington when the put Extreme on after Slayer. All these 14 year old knicker wetters running down the front straight into the Slayer hordes. Carnage.

Some of my facebook "friends" seem to believe V has created the greatest line up of all time.
Most of my friends have gone to the V Festival since it started coming to Weston Park. They spend both days sat in exactly the same place in front of the main stage getting hammered.

If that's what you want then fair enough, but they still argue with me that V is better than Glastonbury even though they won't/will never make the trip to Glasto.

So are Weezer and Biffy Clyro if they don't bill it correctly.

Reminds me of Donington when the put Extreme on after Slayer. All these 14 year old knicker wetters running down the front straight into the Slayer hordes. Carnage.
I went to Reading a few years back with Banjo and Marilyn Manson was on before Iron Maiden. It was quite amusing watching their seperate fans try and mosh together. There were definitely a few angsty teenage boppers trying to mix it up with long ponytail haired Maiden fans!

If that's what you want then fair enough, but they still argue with me that V is better than Glastonbury

:icon_lol:

No Glasto for me this year.

Back