• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I quite like those Frank Turner stuff. Reminds me of The Galway Girl.

This just popped up on my rotation. Love this track:

Saw Lightspeed Champion at Glastonbury once - he was great! Top album, that.

Good weekend at the End of The Road festival down in Dorset. Lovely place with some great music. Unfortunately couldn't get to see quite a few of the bands I was keen to - Dirty Three, Midlake, Low Anthem - but did manage to see some cracking stuff. Mark Lanegan band were great, as was Robin Hitchcock. Highlight was the Alabama Shakes. Absolutely fabulous live band - see them if you get the chance.

came across this. Seemed alright.

ignore the 1st 30 seconds

Just back from another amazing Electric Picnic, sun burnt and tired, but well worth it. Saw some great bands, The Cure who played for 3 hrs, Orbital, Metronomy, Dexys, Patti Smith, The XX, Hot Chip, Bombay Bicycle Club etc, but my highlight of the weekend was Trinity College Orchestra playing Dark Side of the Moon....... absolutely epic. The guy playing Dave Gilmours parts nailed every solo and they came back out for a rousing encore of Comfortably Numb. Was a great way to start the weekend

Anyone seen the Killers live?

Wife loves them and has just got tickets for their mini UK tour in October/November, i'm not overly fussed but its better than some of the shite you could drag me to I guess

Anyone seen the Killers live?

Wife loves them and has just got tickets for their mini UK tour in October/November, i'm not overly fussed but its better than some of the shite you could drag me to I guess

Yes - twice. First time was at Glasto and they were ace.

The second time was in Manchester when they were plugging the atrocious Sam's Town. They were utterly dreadful and we left before the end.

Hopefully they're a bit more like the first time I saw them - certainly a case of believing their own hype IMO.

They were good when they did Hot Fuss. After that mainly shite.

saw bits of The Killers on Sunday. Not bad, they did a nice cover of Brown Eyed Girl but the singer is beyond woeful...

Back