• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Anyone watching "Idris Elba's How Clubbing Changed The World" on Channel 4?

Some Black Keys and Two Door Cinema Club on BBC3 at 8pm.

Some Black Keys and Two Door Cinema Club on BBC3 at 8pm.
Cheers for the heads up. I saw this was on an hour ago and thought I must remember to watch.....then completely forgot.

Did BBC3 just show one Black Keys song and then return to the two muppets in the studio? Was that it?

And annoyingly they spent 10 mins promoting Foo Fighters, who were up next.

The Foo Fighters set did look pretty impressive. Shame BBC3 split it into two with an hour break in the middle.

Foos was fucking fantastic but the break was a complete shitter. Used it to watch most of Airplane! so no great disaster.

I prefered Family Guy.

Can't wait to see these guys live on Sat night at Electric Picnic..... best weekend of the year coming up....

I quite like "I used to love her" by Guns N Roses. A good song on a strange subject

Anyone watching "Idris Elba's How Clubbing Changed The World" on Channel 4?

I thought it was shit, jumped around far too much. One minute they were talking about the Detroit nightclub scene, and the origins of House music next they were showing Norman Cook (who featured a bit too much for my liking) on Brighton beach, thats some leap of faith.

They didn't seem to understand the difference between the genres themselves and where things came from, far too much focus on the commercial side as well.

Just booked tickets to see Mark Knopfler in Cardiff next May. Daughter and Mrs HW are very excited!

I did see Dire Straits twice many years ago, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Just booked tickets to see Mark Knopfler in Cardiff next May. Daughter and Mrs HW are very excited!

I did see Dire Straits twice many years ago, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Sweet!

This thread makes me feel ancient. Never heard of half of em !

I feel old myself. I really don't like modern Music. It is nothing compared to Queen, Elton John, Bee Gees, Beatles and of course not for getting The Carpenters.

Back