• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I've been listening to this just now. Pretty funny. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Originally Posted by nimrod
here's another few you won't know.
Fixed for you
This thread makes me feel ancient. Never heard of half of em !
I feel old myself. I really don't like modern Music. It is nothing compared to Queen, Elton John, Bee Gees, Beatles and of course not for getting The Carpenters.

Finally!

I can't believe it's taken 64 pages of the second music thread before people actually start telling me I'm wasting my time with the crap I'm posting.

seriously, apologies if noone's been the slightest bit interested. I'll cut out the new releases that I like and the old obscure stuff from now on. I might make 1000 posts by 2015.

Finally!

I can't believe it's taken 64 pages of the second music thread before people actually start telling me I'm wasting my time with the crap I'm posting.

seriously, apologies if noone's been the slightest bit interested. I'll cut out the new releases that I like and the old obscure stuff from now on. I might make 1000 posts by 2015.

Don't you bloody dare - keep posting all the new stuff. Always keen to hear new sounds.

Finally!

No need to apologise, life would be one hell of a bore if we all liked the same things ! Just that I was looking through the thread and realised how many ' new ' bands I haven't even heard of. That's due to my age and ignorance, nothing for you to apologise for. I've even come across a couple that I actually like !!

ta gents. i have been posting anyway once i'd had a few beers.

which bands did you like pengy?

nimrod, I think it was you that posted, Opossum - Girl, Felt- Primitive Painters, and Black Francis- Bad News. I Liked all of them .

I haven't heard of 90% of what's in this thread either, but I figured that was down to location more than age discrepancy.

nimrod, I think it was you that posted, Opossum - Girl, Felt- Primitive Painters, and Black Francis- Bad News. I Liked all of them .

that's a good variety - a new release if a bit retro, an old indie classic and a relatively recent one from a rock icon.

Just because I am a huge fan of Karen Carpenter I have been doing some digging in to my Dads Lp collection and some of the songs she covered were just simple staggering.

2 that stood out for me were.

Desperado - The eagles version is awesome but the carpenters version is on near level par with it.

Close to you - the song that launched their career. A lot better than the original.

Their are plenty of more but I don't want to overly bore you guys.

An awesome song, and apt for this evening:

Finally!

I never said it was crap that you were posting, I actually like some of the same things as you dont forget ( big Slint fan remember?)

I was just taking the piss as most of the stuff you post is completely obscure and no-one has a clue about it

Stuck Frank Turners album on in the car again the other day, cant stop listening to this song...

Love Frank Turner, but not too sure about his new hardcore project.

You just posted two fucking Carpenters songs up. I shan't take your criticisms too seriously.

Clash of the tastes in music then.

F.Y.I it wern't a knock at you. It was a knock at that song.

Back