• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Comfortably Numb was actually my guess, but I didn't want to put up the wrong lyrics and look stupid. :D

Yeah I liked the corporate tie-ins. The whole production was just fantastic. Very glad I went, when I originally had no intention of it.

I'm listening to Kings of Leon for the first time in what must be over a year. They really did produce some excellent stuff. Sex on Fire really killed my enthusiasm for them but the first three albums are brilliant.

Last edited:
Saw Kings of Leon at the old Academy in Brum. Was the hottest gig I've ever been to.

I see Beth Orton is playing at the glee club birmingham. I may wander along...

This photo just appeared on my Facebook timeline - Pink Floyd playing on a floating stage in Venice. It looks amazing!!

376396_10150958490757308_922899119_n.jpg

Anybody heard much of a band called "Alt-J"? They're supporting Bloc Party and Zane Lowe at the Ibiza Rocks gig I'm going to in September, but I've never bloody heard of them! The Guardian like them, so I guess they're a little poncy.

They're on Radio 1 Live Lounge this morning apparently.

Does anypone have a copy of Chill Out by the KLF?
If so, how do you rate it? Is it essential?
How would you describe its sound?

I'm having to use public transport at the mo, and one silver lining to that is being able to kick back and listen to some tunes on shuffle, and the eclectic joy that brings.

This morning I went from this:

to this:

then this in the first three tunes:

Oh good - Mark Knopfler is on BBC4 at the moment - looks like a show from the mid-90's after he released Golden Heart. Playing a mixture of songs from that album and some 'Straits classics. Marvellous.

I've seen that show before Langers, was it the A Night In London one? Absolutely brilliant. I used to have it recorded on VHS but unfortunately it's been binned now. Brothers In Arms and Romeo & Juliet stick out in my mind as being fantastic. They do an extended instrumental outro to R&J which was sublime.

I also recently saw a Gary Moore and ex-Thin Lizzy members tribute to Phil Lynott in Dublin which was really good. Can't remember what channel it was though. Might have been Sky Arts.

EDIT - Found the Knopler vid:

Last edited:
My favourite song in the Knopfler show was actually Cannibals - the extended intro with that awesome slide guitarist is incredible.

When I saw Knopfler in Manchester, he did an ace song called Boom, Like That. I couldn't really hear what the song was about (he's not got the most decipherable voice) but I put my Dire Straits/Knopfler playlist on earlier and it came on. It's fucking ace - all about Ray Kroc (dude that bought McDonalds).

Back