• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I'm hoping to make my first
Glastonbury trip next year

Request please,

Led Zep - best driving album to listen to?
Led Zep II definitely.

Whole Lotta Love
Living Loving Maid
Lemon Song
Heartbreaker
Ramble On

Or possibly Led Zep IV. That has Stairway, Rock and Roll and Misty Mountain Hop on it.

Fozzy wern't bad at the slade rooms the other week. Just seem like they are a tad overrated.

I'm hoping to make my first
Glastonbury trip next year

Jealous. I won't get to go again for a long time.

If you get tickets, I'll give you some recommendations for places to camp, stalls to visit and food to eat.

It's going to be mental this year. I'll be trying my luck in the initial sales, but I'm pretty much sure I can get them regardless.

You can come and stay at mine Stan! Won't get stuck in miles and miles of traffic!

I'm off to watch The Fratellis in Oxford in September. Never really got in to them but the Mrs is Scottish and wants to go.

Before that I am watching Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds at Edinburgh Castle next week - which should be an experience.

I'm currently listening to -

Foals - Tapes.
Lots of Bombay Bicycle Club.
Temper Trap.

I'm off to watch The Fratellis in Oxford in September.

Saw them in Dublin a few years ago. If things go wrong (were not happy with the mics at all) they can be miserable bastards, thankfully they snapped out of that after 15 minutes and put on a decent set.

The Fratelli's were alright when i saw them years ago.

Where you staying in Edinburgh Jinky? My and my girlfriend stayed in a great hotel last weekend that was only a couple streets over from the castle.

The Fratellis are shit live, but I would love to see Noel Gallagher.

Maybe I just caught them on bad days, but the three times I've seen them, they just play the songs, go through the motions, mutter an inaudible thankyou then fuck off.

Their first album is ace - I was really hoping for a bit of interaction with them, but there was absolutely none.

They just did not look like they cared or were enjoying themselves.

IMHO ;)

Maybe I just caught them on bad days, but the three times I've seen them, they just play the songs, go through the motions, mutter an inaudible thankyou then fuck off.

Their first album is ace - I was really hoping for a bit of interaction with them, but there was absolutely none.

They just did not look like they cared or were enjoying themselves.

IMHO ;)

I must have caught them in a semi decent mood then.

On the same bill was Ash and I was looking forward to seeing them but they were rank and reeeeeaaaallllly didn't want to be doing the gig and it showed.

No-one will ever top The Strokes for that sort of performance in my experience, i saw them a few years back, massively excited as i'd been a big fan for a while and it was like it was a chore for them.

Came on stage, announce song, play song, wander off to get a drink and then repeat.

At least Foo Fighters were on stage next so Dave Grohl made up for the lack of interaction.

I'm hoping the two year hiatus will have bucked The Fratellis attitude up and they'll have rediscovered their love for playing in front of a live audience again.

The Fratelli's were alright when i saw them years ago.

Where you staying in Edinburgh Jinky? My and my girlfriend stayed in a great hotel last weekend that was only a couple streets over from the castle.
The other halfs parents live on the outskirts of Glasgow so we will be staying with them. Did you enjoy your trip to Edinburgh?

Back