• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

The other halfs parents live on the outskirts of Glasgow so we will be staying with them. Did you enjoy your trip to Edinburgh?

It's a nice place yeah, bit of a ball ache down in the main City at the moment though with loads of roadworks going on, think they're expanding the tramline.

We stayed up in Grassmarket though by the Castle and Royal mile and all that jazz, some decent little pubs and places to eat up there, parking can be a bit difficult though because they only seem to have on street parking thats £2.20 per hour with a maximum stay of 4 hours. It goes free after 6.30pm though.

Talking of The Fratellis - Watch this video... look at his plectrums... are they Wolves fans? They are Scottish - I'm trying to work it out.

Robert Plant was on that episode doing stuff with Alison Krauss. They were his.

Just happened to be one of those episodes I watched at the time and remembered.

The Fratellis did a cracking version of A Heady Tale.

You can see Bobby Plant in a few of the shots.

Last edited:
Seeing Roger Waters tonight.

The Wall live I hope? I saw it last year, absolutely fooking brilliant, I expected it to be almost perfect, but I was blown away as its miles better than the album. The guy doing Dave Gilmours parts is note for note perfect. A proper rock show in every sense. Enjoy.

The Wall live I hope? I saw it last year, absolutely fooking brilliant, I expected it to be almost perfect, but I was blown away as its miles better than the album. The guy doing Dave Gilmours parts is note for note perfect. A proper rock show in every sense. Enjoy.

You are ALSO a complete and utter fucking bastard.

But one I have begrudging respect for.

Yeah it's The Wall Live. I've refused to see Waters for years because he's such a douchenozzle and ticket prices are outrageous, but I wasn't aware that this concert was a huge affair with all the weird stuff from their concerts back in the day... I'm on a bass-player forum and a few other members have gone and said it was utterly amazing, so I'm glad to have been given the heads up. A friend from that forum actually had a ticket in the boxed seats since his wife didn't want to go, so I got really lucky. The only other seats left were nosebleed or $450 front row.

Pink Floyd is tied for my #1 favorite band so I'll compromise my morals this once.... the chances to experience something like it again aren't exactly improving.

We (Zelig) supported the Fratellis once, at the Brum Academy.

Here's me:

5811903027_2d3c95e866_z.jpg

5811906715_9a720606e8_z.jpg

5812484344_629e976a02_z.jpg

The bass player lives in Wolves, well out Pattingham way I think. He married a mate of a mate, which is part of the reason we got the gig. He came to see us at the Varsity and asked us to support them in Brum.

I heard that song "Call Me Maybe" just before lunchtime today and I STILL can't get the damn thing out of my head!

t3ch, looks great, made me jealous remembering it when I saw it myself. The picture where you cant remember the lyrics is probably Comfortably Numb as the 'Dave Gilmour' guy is stood at the top of the wall and thats when Dave lets rip on that 2nd majestic solo in Comfortably Numb.

Didn't you think it was cool how the bombers dropped Shell, McDonalds and Coke logos instead of bombs? Thought that was a great touch

Back