• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Funny how many people I know, who have never ever mention the Stone Roses before have purchased tickets for their Heaton Park gigs. Then look at me in amazment when I say it will be totally gash.

Jon posts on a music forum I'm a member of and I highlighted this thread to him.

He asked me to put a note on here about his Wolves connection.

Jon Gomm said:
Could you tell them I have a Wolves connection!

My dad's from Wolverhampton and is a life long fan. My greatest Wolves memory is seeing them win the Sherpa Van Trophy at Wembley when I was about 10 years old!

And by coincidence my wife is from Bilston and her first ever job was selling pies at the Molineux!

Is it MusicRadar by any chance?

That's where I picked it up from.

I'm actually going to a gig on Thursday!

Show of Hands at Huntingdon Hall, Worcester. Looking forward to it.

For those interested, Elbow will be on Richard Bacon's show on 5 Live this afternoon, between 2-4pm.

IIRC they're also currently available on the red button?

I went to see James last week, they had a choir & an orchestra with them. It was a fantastic gig!

Off to see The Rifles this week. Not seen them for ages.

Going to see The Low Anthem at the Roundhouse in a couple of weeks. As long as they play this, I'll be happy:

Just got tickets for Levellers rescheduled winter dates for Levelling the Land anniversary tour.

Liberty!!!!

I often forget how much I bloody love this song.

Mogwai & Slayer playing Reign in Blood in full both as headliners at the ATP I'll be your mirror bash next june.

Metallica touring the black album. (From my pov, it was during this tour that they lost it. A band that wrote tunes like battery, whiplash, albums like puppets etc. The tour was overkill. 3 hours on stage every night, but too much pointless widdly widdly guff. I haven't liked metallica since. However, at the time, the record was huge!)

Oh yeah, I also see Mark Lanegan is touring next march.

And Garbage release their new cd in march too.

Back