• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Just heard on the radio that there is a news conference on tuesday, & it is rumoured that the stone roses will announce they've reformed?

WTF? After all that's gone on there. That would be a strange one...

Well I have to say that I really like Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. There's nothing unexpected there at all, but the man can write a catchy rock song, and there are plenty on offer. Great stuff.

Nothing lyrically amazing, no amazing guitar playing, but it doesn't seem to matter. It's much better than the majority of Oasis's latter material - so much so that I wonder if he knew the end was near so kept back his better tracks for this release.

Some notable tracks - Dream On, AKA....What A Life! and my personal favourite: (I Wanna Live in A Dream in My) Record Machine.

If you like Oasis, especially some of their b-sides and the likes of The Importance of Being Idle, you'll find yourself humming along and foot tapping even during your first listen.

One gripe is a slight overuse of strings, though at the same time, there aren't that many tracks that I think 'Liam's vocals would improve that', though that might be slightly down to the fact that I loathe and detest Liam Gallagher. Fucking prick of a man.

But maybe I should thank Noel's bratty brother - if they wouldn't have fallen out, maybe Noel would have kept some of these cool tracks away from us for a bit longer....

If you like Oasis - listen to this. You'll love it.
If you hate Oasis - don't bother. There's nothing for you here

Don't know if I've put this on here before but does anyone else subscribe to Fretkillr on Youtube?

He's an acoustic player/singer and he's got a big following online. He mainly plays his own arrangements of old school bluesy/folk covers but also does the occasional contemporary one. Absolutely superb guitarist and an amazing voice. No-one knows who he is even though people have tried to find out and are convinced he's someone famous or related to someone famous. YouTube banned him for a while but he's back again and uploading.

For anyone that hasn't heard him before check these out:

Ain't She Sweet is just superb. I'd kill to be able to play and sing like that.

Talking of sonic youth, I hear im Gordon & Thurston Moore are to divorce. Must make things within the band a bit, erm, uncertain...

Well I have to say that I really like Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. There's nothing unexpected there at all, but the man can write a catchy rock song, and there are plenty on offer. Great stuff.

Nothing lyrically amazing, no amazing guitar playing, but it doesn't seem to matter. It's much better than the majority of Oasis's latter material - so much so that I wonder if he knew the end was near so kept back his better tracks for this release.

Some notable tracks - Dream On, AKA....What A Life! and my personal favourite: (I Wanna Live in A Dream in My) Record Machine.

If you like Oasis, especially some of their b-sides and the likes of The Importance of Being Idle, you'll find yourself humming along and foot tapping even during your first listen.

One gripe is a slight overuse of strings, though at the same time, there aren't that many tracks that I think 'Liam's vocals would improve that', though that might be slightly down to the fact that I loathe and detest Liam Gallagher. Fucking prick of a man.

But maybe I should thank Noel's bratty brother - if they wouldn't have fallen out, maybe Noel would have kept some of these cool tracks away from us for a bit longer....

If you like Oasis - listen to this. You'll love it.
If you hate Oasis - don't bother. There's nothing for you here

Listening to it now, you're pretty much spot on with your assesment. What a life is an awesome tune, my favourite song of the year so far!

Absolutely love this at the moment, really good to come home from work and unwind with. Plus, my Brother made a DJ mix that ends with this and its just perfect

Went to see the The Horros at the weekend. After enjoying the new album it was all a bit "meh".

The lead singer "Faris" who has as much life in him as a coma victim had the cheek to have a go at the crowd for not being up for it.

dEUS are a class band.

I'm off to see James, with a full orchestra & choir monday. Can't wait!

Will be spending this weekend blasting out the new Death In Vegas cd.

Back