• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

The Cure are playing Three Imaginary Boys, Seventeen Seconds and Faith in their entirety at the Albert Hall in November. It's very pricey and I can't afford it but I suspect it will be spectacularly marvellous.

I would so love to go to that, they are 3 cracking albums. Seventeen Seconds is probably my favourite Cure album ever.

Cracking album. The 2nd had a couple of decent tracks (Wires is a lovely track - pretty poignant for me for various reasons) but was otherwise poor. The third is utter dirt.

Have they done anything since?

Third album was pretty dire.
However Black Swan released last year was a decent return to form imo.

A group of 8-10 year olds playing Enter Sandman by Metallica in their band. Apparently it has loads of hits since being uploaded this week and even the Metallica YouTube channel have liked the video :)

I think it's cute as hell!

Been listening to a lot of Ed Sheeran lately. His album is brilliant.

My favourite so far:

I bought that album for my girlfriend, not all of it my cup of tea but he's got plenty of talent. Brave lad too, moved to London on his own at 16 to pursue his music career and just did any gig he could get until he got his big break, fair play to that.

Brilliant album, Lego House is also my favourite. Autumn Leaves and U.N.I would make up my top 3 but the whole album as i said is brilliant.

318374_10150831539335394_742580393_20910126_81474259_n.jpg

Great gig by We Were Promised Jetpacks last night. People talking whilst at a gig pissed me off a little. They then annoyingly clap at the end of the song they have just talked all the way through.

Amazing...and her singing isn't bad either! :wank:

This week I've been listening to new albums from New Found Glory and Blink 182. I feel 18 again!

Great gig by We Were Promised Jetpacks last night. People talking whilst at a gig pissed me off a little. They then annoyingly clap at the end of the song they have just talked all the way through.

Borrowed for annoying things thread.

This week I've been listening to new albums from New Found Glory and Blink 182. I feel 18 again!

I listened to most of NFG's new album last week on some online player thing, seemed alright, they're part of the Kerrang Tour this year so i might go along and see them, again.

Disappointed with Blink though, none of the album really strikes a chord with me, its not the fun times Blink of days gone by nor is it the more solemn meaningful Blink of their last album before the break up, its just seems a bit weak. None of them really seemed too interested in making the album, they were all pretty busy doing their own thing most of the time, and it sounds like they just let Tom write most of it on his own then they turned up to record it, so you get Angels and Airwaves feat. Travis and Mark.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Bird are fluttering their way over to me at the moment.

Will stick it on the iPod if my mate arrives with it and report back tomorrow evening.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Bird are fluttering their way over to me at the moment.

Will stick it on the iPod if my mate arrives with it and report back tomorrow evening.

I spoke with a friend last night who has heard it & really liked it.
My mate did however baulk at the ticket prices.

Back