• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

If anyone knows a decent site for downloading free music can you send me a PM. I use iMesh, which is pretty crap.

Quite liking this song at the moment, though I think the bloke's voice would grate on me if I had to listen to anything more than one song...

The mighty Michael Franti with 1 Giant Leap

Much respect! I didn't realise there were other Michael Franti fans on here. He's fantastic and one of the best live experiences I've ever seen. About 5 years ago I paid £10 for a ticket to see him at Newcastle Uni- he played for 3 hours and then stepped off the stage and spent half an hour talking to the audience. Really great bloke and superb songwriter/lyricist. Though I think some of his more recent stuff isn't as good as he's moved further away from the soul/jazz influenced hip-hop into much more reggae/dancehall style which I don't like as much.

Much respect! I didn't realise there were other Michael Franti fans on here. He's fantastic and one of the best live experiences I've ever seen. About 5 years ago I paid £10 for a ticket to see him at Newcastle Uni- he played for 3 hours and then stepped off the stage and spent half an hour talking to the audience. Really great bloke and superb songwriter/lyricist. Though I think some of his more recent stuff isn't as good as he's moved further away from the soul/jazz influenced hip-hop into much more reggae/dancehall style which I don't like as much.

Franti is a demi god. I would love to see him live one day...

Completely agree with you regarding his styles too.

He's great live. He played the main stage at the Picnic last year ,a and he ended with a cool song where he said Hello in lots of languages, like "Hello, Hello, Ola, Ola, bonjour....Konichiwa" .
Really energetic, got the crowd going, it was great to see and unexpected as Im not really into Spearheads stuff

know they're not everyones cuppa, but I love James. Every time I've seen them live, they do something new, something different, something unexpected.
They have a tour coming up where they're playing with a choir & orchestra. I've found this footage that suggests that they're looking to re-invent aspects of their music, rather than simply add stuff to what they do.

Really looking forward to this gig now!

William Shatner recording Iron Man for his new album:

:icon_lol:

Who buys Shatners albums? I mean, I'll download a song or two or laugh at the youtubes, but....

I have William Shatners Has Been cd. I actually quite like bits of it.

There's a track on there called "Together" done with lemonjelly. They agreed to collaborate on a track each for each others albums. Co-writer & co-everything on Has Been is Ben Folds. Together is an awesome track.

Go is an amazing album closer:

I have William Shatners Has Been cd. I actually quite like bits of it.

There's a track on there called "Together" done with lemonjelly. They agreed to collaborate on a track each for each others albums. Co-writer & co-everything on Has Been is Ben Folds. Together is an awesome track.

Go is an amazing album closer:

His version of Common People with Ben Folds is awesome too.

hare and hounds is a decent venue, i've seen many bands there

besnard lakes are playing 20th nov as well which I'd defo go to but i might be on a hol.
Saw son of dave there a couple of years ago - t'was an ace gig!

Crazy P this weekend there. Next month already have tickets for dreadzone there. Would like to go see Portico Quartet there too, as saw them support Penguin Cafe in feb & was impressed.

We were promised jetpacks is under consideration.

Amazing, have spent most of 2 years moaning about the distinct lack of decent gigs to go to, & now they're coming out my ears!

Back