• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Very, very nice version of Coldplay's The Scientist by Willie Nelson:

The mastering on the new Chili's album is pathetic.

Public Enemy. Wow! As per 2 years ago, what a show. You can guarantee, you see this band, you get your moneys worth. Just over 2 hours. Broke the curfew (slightly). Gave away loadsa free stuff. Loads of classic tunes. Also played a medley of new stuff which sounded AWESOME (they sample AC/DC's back in black on 1 track called Black is back I think) which I'd really like to check out.

Played loads of classics too - shut em down, welcome to the terrordome, don't trust them, bring the noise, and so on.

Only issue I'd have was the sound levels. Weren't quite 100%

Amazing to also be aware that Chuck D is 51 years old! Yet the man never stopped moving all night.

Totally class show!

Saw them at the Picnic on Sat. Good gig but they could do without the whole 10 min speech..."fuck racism, fuck fascism, fuck war, fuck poverty...etc"

Underworld tore EP a new arse ad then went and played a DJ set on the fire shooting Arcadia stage. Outstanding. Chemical Brothers were good too, from what I recall...they were really loud too.

Not my kind of music AT all, but I heard this on the radio earlier and it had me tapping my feet.

Saw them at the Picnic on Sat. Good gig but they could do without the whole 10 min speech..."fuck racism, fuck fascism, fuck war, fuck poverty...etc"

Underworld tore EP a new arse ad then went and played a DJ set on the fire shooting Arcadia stage. Outstanding. Chemical Brothers were good too, from what I recall...they were really loud too.

Yeah, know what you mean with the speeches. They've always been a band with a message, & tbf to them, they've stuck true to their principles. I agree it can become a bit much through the show though.

Exceptionally jealous you saw Underworld. Fucking love barking, & their current live show is something I'd love to see. Got a bootleg of a show with amazing quality sound on it and listen to it a lot.

A mate is tour managing the chems at the mo. I'm waiting to hear of a uk tour, as I love further.

Great videos So Long Architect, off to see both bands in the next month.

One of favourite bands Mariachi El Bronx are playing the Slade Rooms on Sunday 18 December 2011.

Brilliant band. Saw them in the sweltering heat at Glasto last year supping numerous chilled cider beverages - one of the highlights of the festival.

t3ch was asking about chill. Heres a tune I love from that genre:

Also been listening to some of this (classic video too):

Bizarre yet oddly listenable:

NSFW

Just listening to Diamond Mine by King Creosote and Jon Hopkins. Beautiful sparse stuff. Absolutely stunning video for Bubble too.

Last edited:
Very, very nice version of Coldplay's The Scientist by Willie Nelson:

I got confused and thought that was gonna be Willy Mason, until the vocals came in!

Picked up a copy of Anna Calvi's album. My god it's fantastic. Best album of the year. It's honest, tender, powerful, original, complex, accessible, intricate, rounded and just impressively huuuuge. She;s the female Buckley of the 21st century. By that I mean she's geniune. It's all about her, her guitar and the music she writes. She's not been raped in the same way Florence and her corporate machine have been.

Also bought Bon Iver's new'un and Two Door Cinema Club's latest album. Both very good in completely different ways.

This band deserve to be bigger then they are - touring at the mo if anyone is interested.

Back