• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Nobody should aim to sound like The Feeling. Absolutely awful.

Bentley Rhythm Ace are great, a certain blast from the past as are Apollo 440 and Basement Jaxx, Chemicals are superb. I may have to dig out a few of these from my small CD collection have a few moments all to myself!

Nobody should aim to sound like The Feeling. Absolutely awful.
I liked their debut album. Some great layering of parts/vocals in there. The production was top notch.

I liked their debut album. Some great layering of parts/vocals in there. The production was top notch.

I heard them at V a few years ago when i was having something to eat, they were decent live, i still dont like them but i probably would've been impressed if i did.

Well, Arcade Fire were absolutely great - and what a superb day we had in Britain's finest city.

Wonderful stuff.

What were Noah and the Whale like matey? We didn't get there in time. :(

Very good actually - their sound didn't fill the arena though.

LIFEGOESON was good

I liked the newie too

Where were you sat? We were right at the back - and talking of filling the arena, I thought the sound was absolutely spot on. Wake Up was my highlight. An amazing live track.

It has really crept up on me. Monday I get to go see Public Enemy perform Fear of a Black Planet on monday. Saw them a couple of years ago doing It Takes a Nation of Millions... & they were an absolutely awesome live band. Supern show. Really looking forward to it.

As an aside, having spent the last year or so bemoaning the lack of decent tours, had a mini review of some local venues recently (prompted in part by SSB noting doug stanhope playing the civic) & have found 6-8 gigs I want tickets for! Including Crazy P, Death in Vegas, Dreadzone, Adam Hills, Stanhope and others...

No one is gonna get a christmas present now as a result!

Moseley Folk Festival today - should be a great day out.

Willy Mason, Junip, The Bees and Tinariwen are all playing. Plenty of real ale too.

I will be seeing The Bees for the 14th time - putting them way ahead of anyone else. Hopefully I'll get to meet them again like I did last time I went to Moseley (which was incidentally the day Wolves beat Forest 5-1).

Willy Mason. On his own with a guitar. Brilliant.

Highlight of the day: The Bees who put on a MAGNIFICENT set, even more so considering the lead guitarist wasn't there (and I don't know why).

Tinariwen were very good indeed. Junip slightly disappointing - I was going to blame the sound but the Bees obliterated that theory with a far better, fuller set right afterwards.

A brilliant day all round.

Moseley sounded a good festival Langdale. Just watching a bit of Cropredy 2011 on Sky Arts. Looks a good one to go to if into Folk.

Public Enemy. Wow! As per 2 years ago, what a show. You can guarantee, you see this band, you get your moneys worth. Just over 2 hours. Broke the curfew (slightly). Gave away loadsa free stuff. Loads of classic tunes. Also played a medley of new stuff which sounded AWESOME (they sample AC/DC's back in black on 1 track called Black is back I think) which I'd really like to check out.

Played loads of classics too - shut em down, welcome to the terrordome, don't trust them, bring the noise, and so on.

Only issue I'd have was the sound levels. Weren't quite 100%

Amazing to also be aware that Chuck D is 51 years old! Yet the man never stopped moving all night.

Totally class show!

Back