• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

This guy seems to have nailed Bernadette with his index finger (that sounds wrong!):

I'd rather he use two fingers and fret the notes better. Either that or change the action on his strings, it looks really low.

This guy has got a sweet JPJ sound and does loads of Zep covers:

48 hours. That is all. From page one, my Arcade Fire playlist:

The Suburbs
Intervention
Laika
Keep The Car Running
City With No Children
Black Mirror
Suburban War
Ocean of Noise
Power Out
Wasted Hours
Windowsill
Wake Up
No Cars Go
We Used To Wait
Antichrist Television Blues
Haiti
Rebellion (Lies)
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
Tunnels

It's on right now, and I'm supping a lovely pint of Holdens Golden Glow as I listen. More than just a bit excited.

Langdale, I will be seeing Arcade Fire this Sat at Electric Picnic.

Remember I told you about it last year? Its the Irish scaled down version of Glastonbury. Happening this coming weekend, Irish intnl match being shown live on the screens on the Friday too! Happy days

http://electricpicnic.ie/lineup

Langdale, I will be seeing Arcade Fire this Sat at Electric Picnic.

Remember I told you about it last year? Its the Irish scaled down version of Glastonbury. Happening this coming weekend, Irish intnl match being shown live on the screens on the Friday too! Happy days

http://electricpicnic.ie/lineup

Oooh - some goods names there.

Arcade Fire
Pulp
I Am Kloot
Beirut
Midlake
The Walkmen
Willy Mason

I do remember you mentioning it, yes. And that's a very decent line up. Hope the weather holds for you!

Oooh - some goods names there.

Arcade Fire
Pulp
I Am Kloot
Beirut
Midlake
The Walkmen
Willy Mason

I do remember you mentioning it, yes. And that's a very decent line up. Hope the weather holds for you!

Would be my number one watch. top band.

Yeah - they're great. Never managed to see them live, either.

Fantastic live. Not seen them for a couple of years but a mate saw them at Latitude and said they were as good as ever.

Just listened to The Horrors new album "Skying"

Very pleasantly surprised....it's great stuff.

Primary colours was a brilliant album too. Not had a chance to fully listen to skying yet - one run through only so far. Think they're at the Bham acad (shame) in october.

Primary colours was a brilliant album too. Not had a chance to fully listen to skying yet - one run through only so far. Think they're at the Bham acad (shame) in october.

14 October. If it wasn't the academy, I'd go. I really think I should check out the Horrors.

Occasionally you forget just how joyous a band can be. I've been remembering...

Are any of you into chill music? I can't seem to find anyone to give me recommendations. Stuff like this...

Last edited:
Massive Attack are an awesome band tech, & if you like chill, Lemon Jelly is the way to go (3 superb albums - lemonjelly.ky, lost horizons, & 64-95). Also check out the northern exposure mixes by sasha & digweed. Moodswings psychadelicatessen is a good album.

Underworld do some phenomenally chilled stuff together with the awesome live pounding type music.

Only that particular song though, not all of that massive attack album is quite what I'm looking for. I have a bunch of Lemon Jelly at home that I haven't listened to and may have to dig through it.

Lemon Jelly really are something, in my very biased view of course!

Have you ever heard of the Avalanches? Since I Left You is essential.
Also well worth checking out Leftfield - Leftism is their best work, however Rhythm & Stealth have their moments.

Something a little different - Bentley Rhythm Ace?

Listening to a bit of Noah and the Whale who will be supporting Arcade Fire tomorrow evening.

Quite a pleasant listen, actually. I much prefer their early stuff to their most recent release though. Their album 'Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down' is very good indeed. More folkier than their new record which is a bit too much like The Feeling for my liking.

You'll probably know this one:

Last edited:
Don't care much for Noah and the Whale. Only realised this weekend that they weren't American, just sang in an American accent.

Got the Smith Westerns album Dye It Blonde on at the moment. Another good one to check out.

T3ch, this is for you. Lovely, lovely bass. Also, I have plenty of recommendations for chill out music

Back