• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

The first time i saw Foo's he called the entire crowd motherfuckers because everyone booed when he tried to get a cheer for Angels & Airwaves.

Saw the Foos at reading in 1995. They were in a tent & it was farcical owing to the sheer number of people trying to watch them.

Then saw their show at the civic later that year. I really liked their first album & was well looking forward to the show. However, they played a 40 minute set with no encores, & it was only so-so. Felt a bit ripped off by it, & to be honest, haven't really been into them ever since.

Kinda amazing how an experience like that can affect you.

Nowhere near as bad as primal scream playing the same fucking song twice though. Don't get me started!:rage:

Surprised by a lack of updates here... Then again, it does go quiet in the summer.

What are peeps collected thoughts on Rumer? Heard one interesting track the other day. May need to investigate.

Surprised jinky hasn't been on here spaffing about incubus tickets going on sale this morning...

Was that at the Hyde Park gig in 2006 Mark? Cracking day, but A&A were shit!

One of our local bands, they've sadly decided to split up though.

Last edited:
Was that at the Hyde Park gig in 2006 Mark? Cracking day, but A&A were shit!

I went to the LCCC the day after Hyde Park, we got The Strokes instead of Motorhead, i didn't mind A&A that much, they're by no means my favourites but i dont mind some of their stuff, it was more the attitude of Tom Delong, he was just being an arrogant cock like because he was famous from Blink everyone was automatically going to love everything else he ever did, prick. Now it seems reformed Blink is basically Tom writing A&A songs but getting Travis and Mark to record/perform them.

Spent the weekend at the 14th Truck Festival in Oxford. Lovely little event - only 8,000 people and some great bands.

Highlights: Bellowhead, the Go! Team, Graham Coxon, Cherry Ghost, Little Fish and Caitlin Rose, to name a few.

Also an excellent theatre piece - One Small Step - about the race to the moon.

Great place to take kids too - not too large and with a really nice relaxed vibe. Really good food by local Rotary societies and top beer supplied by the local pubs. Also a surprisingly low idiot count among the crowd which is always nice.

Highly recommended.

I've been listening to the worst music lately. Lots of Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Lil' Jon, screamo...

I've been listening to the worst music lately. Lots of Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Lil' Jon, screamo...

"You have to have knowledge of bad to appreciate the good" copyright Paul 2011

"You have to have knowledge of bad to appreciate the good" copyright Paul 2011

I have a lot of knowledge about SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS SHOTS, SHOTS SHOTS!

I know it's bad but I can't stop. Sort of like when beer goggles wear off halfway through a shag.

Nowhere near as bad as primal scream playing the same $#@!ing song twice though. Don't get me started!:rage:

Was that recently or back in the day? If you are talking about the Give Out But Don't Give Up tour, I was at the Civic for that one and vividly remember them doing this and feeling pretty cheesed off by it.

Another crappy set in my experience was The Mock Turtles at Uni a couple of years earlier who made the strange decision of launching into Can You Dig It first up and then wondering why everyone wandered off straight after.

Last edited:
Was that recently or back in the day? If you are talking about the Give Out But Don't Give Up tour, I was at the Civic for that one and vividly remember them doing this and feeling pretty cheesed off by it.

Another crappy set in my experience was The Mock Turtles at Uni a couple of years earlier who made the strange decision of launching into Can You Dig It first up and then wondering why everyone wandered off straight after.

It was the tour after - Vanishing Point. They came on to Burning Wheel. Played set. Went off. Return for encore. First encore track - burning wheel. Fucking wrong! Same visuals and everything.

I have not spent a penny on them since, & felt proper ripped off.

I recall seeing James at the civic for the first time in 1997 or 1998. Whiplash tour. They came on to Come Home, then played Sit Down. I wasn't much of a fan then & can recall quite clearly standing there near the front thinking to myself "they've surely just played the biggest 2 songs of their career. This gig can only go downhill from here." How wrong was I? They played a blistering set - still the best I've ever heard imo. Proper blew me away & converted me into a fan, as I only went because a load of my mates were fans & swore we'd all go, but then none of the buggers got tickets...

The first time i saw Foo's he called the entire crowd motherfuckers because everyone booed when he tried to get a cheer for Angels & Airwaves.

Not sure how I missed your post earlier... this is awesome.

They deserved booing, well Tom Delong did anyway, arrogant prick, because it was in a cricket ground all the bands had one of the sort of executive boxes each to use when they were on stage, all the other bands were met with rapturous applause as they came out onto their balconies after playing, Tom was met with a shoe to the chest.

Been doing a bit of driving over the past week. The car cd player has seen some heavy rotation of the following:

Dreadzon - second light
Beck - Odelay (classic!)
Themroc - Beyond These Things
White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000 Songs of Love, Destruction and Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head
Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust
Fun Lovin Criminals - Come Find Yourself
Prodigy presents the dirtchamber sessions
Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion
Soulwax - as heard on radio soulwax vol 1
amongst others...

Been doing a bit of driving over the past week. The car cd player has seen some heavy rotation of the following:
White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000 Songs of Love, Destruction and Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head

First ever CD I owned! Love it!

Bonus points for name checking it's full title.

First cd's I ever owned were:

AC/DC - highway to hell, Back in Black & If you want blood (you got it)
plus
Iron Maiden's Peice of Mind

All bought at the same time.

First cd's I ever owned were:

AC/DC - highway to hell, Back in Black & If you want blood (you got it)
plus
Iron Maiden's Peice of

All bought at the same time.

You cant go wrong with AC/DC :)

Back