• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Most on here seem to like bands that I have never heard of, which I am sure play good music, but maybe not quite to my taste.

Or Kasabian, who don't play good music, nor are to my tastes. :stirthepot:

I've never heard of most of the bands/people that get mentioned on here in all fairness Frank, you're not on your own there.

It's why threads like this are so good - I like hearing new bands.

Last night's coverage of T in the park was alright. I avoided Coldplay but was very impressed by Chase and Status. Some amazing mixes and covers of very interesting material that ended up being surprisingly heavy at times.

I treated the good lady to a Foster and Allen CD today, entitled "A taste of Ireland". Not quite Glastonbury material, but she loves them.

That's where you're wrong, Frank. They'd fit in brilliantly on the Avalon Stage at Glastonbury.

A bit of late discovery of this album, but I am loving Divine Comedy's "Bang goes the Knighthood". A more upbeat album by the fine Irish band with a great track "Complete Banker". A nice dig at the bankers for the causing the financial meltdown.

I thought the album was a bit average Kenny but I love "I Like" and especially "The Lost Art Of Conversation" which is a fabulous song.

FAO Jinky.

New Incubus album is leaving me pretty underwhelmed at the mo. Not sure about it. And the single Promises, Promises is a bit middle of the road for me..........

Sorry dude. I love Incubus but this album is lackin something.....

I see Neil Hannon all the time in town Kenny, hes fooking tiny! Really really small. And his missus is the same. Like 2 imps they are! But his music is great. Did you hear his side-project, the Duckworth Lewis Method?

I see Neil Hannon all the time in town Kenny, hes fooking tiny! Really really small. And his missus is the same. Like 2 imps they are! But his music is great. Did you hear his side-project, the Duckworth Lewis Method?

You are fast becoming my hero.

I've seen him once. At the Wolves Civic on St Paddy's day and he is indeed a small chap. I have not heard of the DLM..........I will go off and search.

Album downloading at this very moment.

Back