• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

First time logging in since getting back. Pretty crappy weather for the first few days then uber hot on the Sunday. Had a good time, but not as great as previous years.

Still think Kasabians first album had their best stuff on it, actually come to think of it, theres only a couple of songs on each album i like anyway, they're good live though.

James have announced a special autumn tour with a choir & orchestra in October. Got tickets this morning for their Symphony Hall show on 24 October. Man! Over £50 a ticket!

lemonjelly has for some reason started listening to elements of 80's & 90's rock music. Todays surprise was little angels!

Why didn't I know about this before

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Basically pop in a music video from Youtube and it will make it into an MP3. Probably been around for years, but I have loved playing with this today

Why didn't I know about this before

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Basically pop in a music video from Youtube and it will make it into an MP3. Probably been around for years, but I have loved playing with this today

I never knew this either. Cheers - I've just grabbed a load of stuff for my iTunes playlist!!

Arcade Fire - Unstaged almost in it's entirety too.

So, Arcade Fire in Hyde Park....

Sadly, a bit underwhelming. Was really looking forward to it as I hadn't seen them before but they were let down by an appalling sound. Perhaps because it's a city centre outdoor venue and they have volume restrictions, but it was really far too quiet.

You want to be totally enveloped by the music at a gig, and not be able to carry on a conversation at normal volume. If it's possible to do chat, people will and then that becomes all you can hear. Grr!

I was about halfway back and no doubt it was more engaging down the front, but only a few of the bigger songs off the first album managed to cut through the noise of the drunken idiots.

Couldn't get their early enough to see the Vaccines or Beirut, but Mumford and Sons were OK. They are what they are.

It reminded me why I avoid these enormo gigs. Audience full of wankers who think nothing of spending £50 on a ticket only to spend the entire time facing away from the stage arsing around with their drunken mates. Why bother - go to your local park and get drunk.

Disgusting, overpriced Tuborg beer, too

Amazingly clear video screens though. Made it feel like watching a DVD of Arcade Fire, with the sound turned down, in a field, full of tossers.

Hope the Manchester gig is a bit more marvellous for you guys who are going.

Today I have been blasting The Chemical Brothers, live at the Electric Proms. Boom! Fantastic version of We Are The Night, and a live rendition of Where do I start, where do I begin? on it. Wow!

The massively under-rated Placebo. Great song, raunchy(ish) video...

I always really liked Placebo.

Teenage Angst, Bruise Pristine and The Bitter End are particular faves. My fave though is probably Lady Of The Flowers. Odd song but I really like it.

I always really liked Placebo.

Teenage Angst, Bruise Pristine and The Bitter End are particular faves. My fave though is probably Lady Of The Flowers. Odd song but I really like it.

All great tracks. I also really like Without You I'm Nothing. Brian Molko has a really superb and distinctive voice.

I too like Placebo, caught a bit of their set over in Germany a few years back and was very impressed, but my favourite song has to be Meds, which i think i posted in this thread a while back.

I missed seeing Placebo live. They were at a V festival, can't remember which year, was either 99 or 00. They had to pull out because Molko had a bad throat, so I got to see Kula Shaker instead, which was fine with me as I liked them too.

Anyone got any recommendations for new albums, it's gone a bit quiet recently.

I missed seeing Placebo live. They were at a V festival, can't remember which year, was either 99 or 00. They had to pull out because Molko had a bad throat, so I got to see Kula Shaker instead, which was fine with me as I liked them too.

I wasn't really that bothered about seeing them when i went over to Germany, i was there for Limp Bizkit and Slipknot, but they happened to be on the stage right by where we'd decided to go and have something to eat when there was no-one playing that took our fancy so we watched them and i was converted.

Placebo are (imo of course) a pile of dogshite.

Anyone got any recommendations for new albums, it's gone a bit quiet recently.

It has amazed me at how little stuff has been released. I am actually struggling to remember what the last cd I bought was. I used to buy a lot of cd's regularly, but there has really been a cap on good stuff being released. In fact, I think my last purchase was Tim Booths solo album. Which as it was self financed, didn't get much promotion.

I am off to see the excellent Penguin Cafe on friday though...:breakdance:

Back