• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

My current song du jour:

Been trying to get into their last album again (Quicken The Heart) after the initial disappointment and there's a few growers on there I suppose. I suspect most people on here hate them though!

For me, this is about as wonderful as music can get. The breakdown from when the bass comes in at 5 minutes is absolutely wonderful. Incubus - changing music as we know it on an album by album basis. Truely outstanding musicians.

For me, this is about as wonderful as music can get. The breakdown from when the bass comes in at 5 minutes is absolutely wonderful. Incubus - changing music as we know it on an album by album basis. Truely outstanding musicians.

Quite good.

Not offensive on the ears by any means, but nothing particularly gripping for me. A lot better than some of the shit that's out there though!

Quite good.

Not offensive on the ears by any means, but nothing particularly gripping for me. A lot better than some of the shit that's out there though!

Listen to it about three more times and then tell me what you think.

I've heard a few Incubus songs on the radio lately, cant remember the names so theres little point asking, decided to stick them out and see what i thought because of Jinky's unrelenting love for them. Have to say my opinion is siding with that of Langdale, not bad music but it really didn't do anything for me, just middle of the road non-offensive music, the kind of stuff you could play around a shopping centre without putting anyone off.

Sorry Jinky - gave it a good listen but I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary there.

Perfectly okay, and I'd happily listen to more but I was more 'that's not bad' rather than 'wow'.

I much preferred Foals if we're talking about recommendations from your good self. They're good.

Anyone going to Sonisphere?

Love it!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I've heard a few Incubus songs on the radio lately, cant remember the names so theres little point asking, decided to stick them out and see what i thought because of Jinky's unrelenting love for them. Have to say my opinion is siding with that of Langdale, not bad music but it really didn't do anything for me, just middle of the road non-offensive music, the kind of stuff you could play around a shopping centre without putting anyone off.
Listening to the pap out there in the main stream and the far, far less risky music that is blasted out to the thousands at Glasto and on the radio etc, I take offence to the last part of your post. Each to their own and all that though.

It just struck me as something that didn't make any impact and was easily forgettable, that analogy was the best i could think up to try and explain it.

It just struck me as something that didn't make any impact and was easily forgettable, that analogy was the best i could think up to try and explain it.

Fuck you then.

:2xGay:

I regularly listen to Incubus...when I am struggling to get to sleep! Sends me right off!

Off to see the fantastic Penguin Cafe tonight at Brum Town Hall. I've never been to the town hall, and an excellent band for the christening is appropriate. I did see them in february with Portico Quartet & both were class. On the discussion about new music I really meant to get some Portico Quartet stuff after that gig & still haven't got round to it.

Anyhoo, Penguin Cafe will be an uplifting experience!

Plus, just learned a mate has got the tour managers job with the Chemical Brothers. Have to bend his ear & get em to do a ivic gig, as they have always been fucking ace when I've seen them there. Indeed, on the Dig Your Own Hole tour they reaffirmed my love of gig-going, at a time it was wavering.

Old school 80s New Wave dance music at it's very best. I give you Shriekback:

Been listening to a bit of Willy Mason in readiness for Moseley Folk Festival in September. Will be great to see him again.

Went to see Willy Mason play upstairs in a pub a couple of months ago. It would have been a great gig, but his guitar annoyingly buzzed all the way through his set.

He was supported by a guy called Sam Airey who I'd recommend checking out.

I saw him at Glastonbury 2007, and he was great. I don't think he's done anything at all since then, so I'm really looking forward to seeing his new material. Should be a cracking day out.

Am I the only person on here that likes the Irish folk music. It all goes back to Jonathon Kelly. Brier are a good band, though they may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Am I the only person on here that likes the Irish folk music. It all goes back to Jonathon Kelly. Brier are a good band, though they may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Nowt wrong with some decent Irish folk music, Frank. I've been brought up on it - my dad is mad on folk music.

Back