• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Bon Iver.

Goodness gracious me - how have I not discovered them before? Wonderful music.

Bon Iver.

Goodness gracious me - how have I not discovered them before? Wonderful music.
I've not listened to any of their stuff, but I know their recent gigs sold out pretty sharpish.

Just watched the Foo Fighters set at T in the Park. Never really been a fan but they put in a very impressive performance.

I've not listened to any of their stuff, but I know their recent gigs sold out pretty sharpish.

Just watched the Foo Fighters set at T in the Park. Never really been a fan but they put in a very impressive performance.

Here's one from their first album:

Re Bon Iver, last year on holiday in Santorini there was a guy going around the bars doing a pretty good version of Skinny Love. My g/f was well impressed I knew so many of the lyrics from one listen lol.

Anyway, Ian Lowery's anniversary today, so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN6AtX3YWV4

This is real hair standing on end stuff from Bon Iver:

Most recent music purchases have been:

Gomez - Whatever's On Your Mind
Junip (Jose Gonazelez band) - Fields

Both very good. I've got a massive space in my life for Gomez. They provided the sound track for my late teens/early twenties!

It's why threads like this are so good - I like hearing new bands.

Amen to that brother!

Most recent music purchases have been:

Gomez - Whatever's On Your Mind
Junip (Jose Gonazelez band) - Fields

Both very good. I've got a massive space in my life for Gomez. They provided the sound track for my late teens/early twenties!

Ah, Gomez. First 2 albums are great, & the machismo ep is fucking amazing. Then they just seemed to lose their way for me...

You going to their gig at the institute in brum? (Unless that gig was earlier this month...)

lemonjelly has been travelling & in his car has had (very loud) the following:

The Dharmas - collected EP's
The Chemical Brothers - Surrender
Mogwai - Hardcore will never die, but you will
Girl Talk - Night Ripper
New Order - Get Ready
Susumo Yokata - Symbol

Along with a couple of others I can't recall atm.

Amen to that brother!

Ah, Gomez. First 2 albums are great, & the machismo ep is $#@!ing amazing. Then they just seemed to lose their way for me...

You going to their gig at the institute in brum? (Unless that gig was earlier this month...)

That gig was a few weeks ago, it was ace. They were back to their best, in terms of live show. Loads of classics too, not just pushing the new album. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The support were pretty good too - Little Comets I think. Kinda like a British Vampire Weekend.
I agree about the first to albums being their best, and EP is genius, but like I said, I'll always give Gomez stuff more time and listens as they are a big band in my life. In Our Gun was on a par with their first two albums for me and there are some fantastic tracks on every album since, just a few stinkers on there too unfortunately.

What's happening on September the 3rd? They touring? I think they're playing at the Moseley Folk Festival this year too so hopefully I'll catch them there.

Talking of loud car music, I was blasting out The Raconteurs 2nd album on the way home from work yesterday. God it's good. The last track "Carolina Drama" is Jack White's best ever work and will never be topped.

Yes mate - I was referring to Moseley. I've been bought a day ticket for the Saturday for my birthday. Really looking forward to it.

Ah cool, I've got me a saturday ticket too. Hope the weather holds out!

Last edited:
I have fallen in love with Bon Iver, and I only heard them for the first time on Monday. Absolutely beautiful music. Give this one a listen:

And this:

Normally, I'll give an album a few listens before I get into it. I was instantly hooked to these, and they get better with more listens. There have been a few times when I've realised I've been staring into space as I've been so lost in the music - there aren't many bands that can do that, especially so soon after hearing them.

Anyone heard Blink182's new song?

First i was overjoyed they were coming back, then i was pretty pissed they delayed their UK tour for a year, then i was even more pissed with the excuse they gave for delaying, then i wanted to kill them because they announced they'd be touring the US AGAIN before coming over here, now they've released a seriously dogshit song.

I'm pretty tempted to get my money back on the tickets, i wanted to see old Blink, doesn't look like thats going to happen.

:icon_lol:

That's class! Not a huge Foos fan, but I do like DG. Top man.

Back