• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Coldplay...when I have heard anyone else play their songs...even an open mic hacker...they are infinitely better than the original. Coldplay can write a decent song and then murder it with blandness.

I saw Sting last week, not really a big fan , but he was really good. First act up though was Storry...exceptional. Hell of a back story she has too.

Coldplay can write a decent song and then murder it with blandness.
Very true.

Chris Martin wrote a song called Gravity in their early days but wasn't that keen on it, and gave it to Embrace as they supported them on Embrace's tours. Coldplay still recorded a version, which is on YouTube and can be used as a cure from insomnia. Embrace's version is really good and did pretty well for them.

I've managed to catch up on a couple of acts from Glastonbury on iPlayer.

Two Door Cinema Club: tremendous. Played nearly all older stuff which was surprising.

Janelle Monae: bonkers and brilliant. Her voice is so good. She isn't just a singer though, her whole thing is a performance. I'd highly recommend searching on YouTube for her Glastonbury performance from a few years ago, it's one of the best Glastonbury shows I think I've ever seen.

Finally doing my very first Shiine On. It's the 10 year anniversary in Skegness next year. Going to be massive..

Bob Dylan is playing the Civic in November. Trying to work out how tempted I am.
(Might be tempted to get Bob vylan tickets for their October tour too!)

The latest release by my brother's band S.K.X. If you like a bit of electronic funk rock have a listen. Not sure how to describe them really! They have a bit of a Public Service Broadcasting/Chromeo vibe going on IMO.

hatred makes the adrenaline flow
stir up the fire, watch it grow
everybody likes a righteous cause
everything forgotten in holy wars

Aerosmith retirement announced (at least from touring). Glad I took the opportunities to see them in the early 90s including a great set at Donnington in 1994.

Aerosmith retirement announced (at least from touring). Glad I took the opportunities to see them in the early 90s including a great set at Donnington in 1994.
I can’t forgive them for Armageddon tbh

Saw them on the Pump tour, and also at that Donington gig that LJ mentions. Pantera and Sepultura, plus getting on the second stage invasion with Biohazard before the power was pulled were the highlights.

Saw them on the Pump tour, and also at that Donington gig that LJ mentions. Pantera and Sepultura, plus getting on the second stage invasion with Biohazard before the power was pulled were the highlights.
Was a decent line up in the main. Phenomenally huge number of bottles of piss thrown about during the extreme set.

We're you standing patiently waiting for The Prodigy?

Back